The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
drum machines processing
Old 3rd July 2016
Gear Maniac

drum machines processing

Hi Richard,

what's your favourite module or outboard to process drum machines ?
something to give some grit or saturation to an 808 for instance ?
Old 16th July 2016
Gear Head

Hi thanks for the message here, I have a few that I use for saturation processing.

1. Love the L-1 MicroCompressor eurorack - its a VC compressor for analog synths, but works incredible on drum sounds. You can push the make up gain really high and get beatifully big saturated sound. I love running my 808 through this one. L-1 Microcompressor Eurorack

2. Jellysquasher by Intellijel - Just recently picked up one of these and I love it. There are 3 analog circuits to impose specific character on the output signal:
TUBE adds non-linear distortion providing second order harmonics,TAPE adds symmetrical distortion providing both even and odd harmonics and XFRM modifies the transformer feedback circuit, giving a boost to low bass content. You can use all three color circuits in any combination to react differently based on the input drive level and makeup gain. This will get you lots of different variations, the 808 sings with grit with this one. :-) https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/jellysquasher/

3. Avalon VT-747SP Stereo Discrete Class A Vacuum Tube Compressor with EQ, I mostly use this as a mastering compressor but you can really over drive things in a beautiful way if you want. :-)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search