The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Software Fx vs Hardware Fx
Old 1st July 2016
Gear Head

Software Fx vs Hardware Fx

Hi Richard, what do you think about the current state of software fx vs hardware fx in terms of sound processing quality? and do you have a current top 5 software fx? lets say software reverb, delay, etc, you could not live without?

Thanks for reading
Old 8th July 2016
Gear Head

Hi, thanks for the message, I am really happy with the current state of software FX, I have many hardware FX units, like the Eventide H9, H8000FW, Eclipse, and Lexicon PCM 92 etc. I think there is some really amazing options in the software world right now. Here is my top 5 that I use constantly and couldn't live without.

1. Eventide The H3000 Factory™ Harmonizer
2. 2CAudio B2 Reverb
3. Sound Toys Native Bundle V5 (EchoBoy/Crystallizer)
4. Valhalla DSP Shimmer and Plate
5. GRM Tools - Evolution and Delays
Old 12th July 2016
Here for the gear

Buying Sub 37 – Any recommended effects units?

Per your recommendation, I'm buying the Moog Sub 37 – well, and a handful of the other synths you recommended . Since it doesn't include any onboard effects, I was curious if there are any effects units you'd recommend pairing with it. I'm looking at the Moogerfooger's but it wouldn't necessarily need to be Moog effects units of course.

<moderator message - threads about FX units merged >

Last edited by Reptil; 12th July 2016 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: -
Old 16th August 2016
Gear Head

@ Melciah I love using the Eventide Space, and H9 Max pedals with my MoogSub 37. I probably use the H9 the most in that its got more effects algorithms to choose from. My favorite effects from the H9 that I like to use with the Moog Sub 37 are the Modfilter, RingMod, Undulator, Pitchflex, Synthonizer, Harmodulator, and Reverse Reverb. Its great in that you can alter patches wirelessly from the iPad app, and then store them in the H9. Its super fast and immediate, and you can assign the most important parameter controls to what ever you want.

I haven't found anything that offers this much flexibility and variety in pedal format. Another one I like using is the Strymon TimeLine Multidimensional Delay. Incredible sound quality and works so well with the Sub37, I like using this together with the Eventide Space/H9 for super lush multi layer effects. I guess it all comes down to what your looking for, for me its big deep reverbs and cascading delays :-)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search