The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Electronic Acts
Old 7th October 2016
Gear Addict

New Electronic Acts

Rhys,

Long time no talk...I was just wondering how you felt about new electronic acts like Combichrist and FaderHead who seem to do everything off of their laptops in performances...is the the wave of the future or are they a flash in the pan?

Thanx,
Jack
Old 12th October 2016
Special Guest

I think it depends on what you think is important with a live show. The image/presentation/energy or the performance of music. Some people want to convey the energy and the music is more of the backdrop, thats why the laptop works best for that. I think if you focus more on music the laptop is still great because of how much you can get out of it, but for me it depends on how you use it. I like to integrate it with a bunch of other things so its like a rack and not a focal point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred80r View Post
Rhys,

Long time no talk...I was just wondering how you felt about new electronic acts like Combichrist and FaderHead who seem to do everything off of their laptops in performances...is the the wave of the future or are they a flash in the pan?

Thanx,
Jack

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search