The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Waltari-"Space Avenue"
Old 5th October 2016
Lives for gear

Waltari-"Space Avenue"

Hi again Rhys,
This gotta be one of my favorites.I was wondering about the rhythm guitars.They seem so wide & kind of "wet", for lack of a better term.Is it that the mids are scooped?Are there ambience mics mixed with the close-up ones?2 tracks Left+2 tracks Right?
Thanx in advance.
Old 6th October 2016
Special Guest

That was a very interesting band and record to work on. They had two good guitarists with very different styles, so depending on the song, there could be 4 rhythm tracks total, 2 by each, hard panned. i never use ambient mics on heavy guitars, so I am sure its all close miked with a just a 57, and maybe a 421, but it could also have been something unusual because the studio we recorded at in Germany had a great mic locker. I don't remember what amps they were using, I think a Boogie though. I think any scoop you hear could have been the Neve EQ on the nice old console the studio had, which had a lot to do with the sound of the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin nowhow View Post
Hi again Rhys,
This gotta be one of my favorites.I was wondering about the rhythm guitars.They seem so wide & kind of "wet", for lack of a better term.Is it that the mids are scooped?Are there ambience mics mixed with the close-up ones?2 tracks Left+2 tracks Right?
Thanx in advance.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search