The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The creation of FLA's Hard Wired
Old 30th September 2016
Lives for gear

The creation of FLA's Hard Wired

Hello Rhys,

Long time fan of Front Line Assembly, Delerium, Noise Unit, etc along with Conjure One.

Could you talk a bit about the creation of the Hard Wired album? That is one of my favorites still to this day... and I find it a pretty incredible creation based on where music technology was in the mid 90's. It's also such a detailed and layered album, with a lot going on sonically. Is there anything you can share with us regarding not only the synths used, but also how it was recorded?

Thanks!
Old 7th October 2016
Special Guest

Hard Wired is mostly EMU Emulator IV. I bought one with the album advance (they were very expensive when they came out), and it pretty much became my DAW until I got Logic and a Mac. Its an awesome sounding machine with great converters, very hifi filters and a nice modulation matrix, making it a solid synth as well. We started amassing a lot of gear around Millennium but I recall things being stripped down a bit for HW, though we added the OBMx and the brand new Nord Lead. Both of those feature prominently, a lot of times sampled into the EIV. All the sound fx are in the EIV and the detail in the sound is a combination of that, and the mix, which was a SSL G+ console in Bryan Adams' basement (until he moved it into The Warehouse Studios...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy View Post
Hello Rhys,

Long time fan of Front Line Assembly, Delerium, Noise Unit, etc along with Conjure One.

Could you talk a bit about the creation of the Hard Wired album? That is one of my favorites still to this day... and I find it a pretty incredible creation based on where music technology was in the mid 90's. It's also such a detailed and layered album, with a lot going on sonically. Is there anything you can share with us regarding not only the synths used, but also how it was recorded?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search