The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Blending synth and Metal wall of sound
Old 26th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Blending synth and Metal wall of sound

Welcome! I love how your synths always slice through effortlessly among the wall of a modern metal mix. What is your approach so that they sit in (I realize this is part of whoever mixed too I imagine like Sneap etc.)?

Do you treat each sound individually until it's right, or bus things together and process, group certain elements (highs lows) etc.? Cheers!
Old 28th September 2016
Special Guest

Thank you...
I think finding the right part helps. What is the line supporting? Usually either vocals or guitar or is it a feature melody? That determines where you go with the sounds. I like to craft each sound individually for the part. Lately i find the Nord Wave is a go to for metal because its bright sound and tight low end fits with the guitars well. A lot of big analog sounds take up too much space and are better used for accents. Its important to find not only the part but the space you are going to occupy and filter accordingly. Its nice to hand a mixer a pretty complete package and not give him a new list of problems to solve in addition to the mix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha View Post
Welcome! I love how your synths always slice through effortlessly among the wall of a modern metal mix. What is your approach so that they sit in (I realize this is part of whoever mixed too I imagine like Sneap etc.)?

Do you treat each sound individually until it's right, or bus things together and process, group certain elements (highs lows) etc.? Cheers!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search