2nd December 2020 Views: 425
Views: 425
2nd December 2020
Announcement: Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 1,295
Views: 1,295
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

An enormous GS welcome to Gordon, who we are very thrilled to have hanging out with us for the next couple weeks! Just in case...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 406
Whitecat 2 weeks ago

Gordon Raphael is a musician and record producer born in New York, best known for The Strokes- Is This It, Room On Fire, and...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 602
Whitecat 2 weeks ago

Hey Gordon, Thanks for doing this - learned loads so far and was v cool to read about your NYC experiences. My question is...

dannymcguire
replies: 4 views: 263
Jules 15 hours ago

I am honored Gordon; I am a big fan of true indie style producing! I would like your insights on what you look for when bouncing...

s wave
replies: 1 views: 115
Gordotronic 19 hours ago

Hi Gordon, great having you here. So, Regina Spektor, Julian Casablancas and Leonardo from Fobia, very different kind of...

tomazsa
replies: 1 views: 108
Gordotronic 19 hours ago

Hi Gordon, your guitars remind me of the excitement of 1978 underground punk/new wave gigs and 45 rpm vinyl singles...I love to...

Arthur Stone
replies: 1 views: 283
Gordotronic 1 day ago

Hi Gordon, How do you find these locations compare? Has New York really changed a lot? What about other move to...

Jules
replies: 3 views: 352
Dirk Churlish 1 day ago

Do you find that you typically use the same types of reverb, rooms, halls, plates and delays on certain instruments or vocals? ...

Coldsnow
replies: 1 views: 258
Gordotronic 2 days ago

Greetings from central Texas, Mr. Raphael! First of all, some gratitude: Nine or ten years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting...

Progger
replies: 2 views: 142
Progger 2 days ago

Hi Gordon. Stone Roses fan here. Could you tell us, of your recording Ian Brown? For example, did he stay on a 58, like on...

chessparov2.0
replies: 2 views: 352
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

Hi Gordon! Thanks for so far for all your answers here. One song that really stands out for me is "The Way It Is"...

fuzzwuzzybear
replies: 1 views: 433
Gordotronic 2 days ago

Obviously they're famous for their techno scene, but are there any rock bands that have come onto your radar? I know probably not...

Dirk Churlish
replies: 5 views: 764
Zed999 6 days ago

Hi Gordon I read somewhere that the strokes guitar players used either a fender hot rod deluxe, or hot rod deville on their...

ReubenSandwich
replies: 2 views: 746
psycho_monkey 1 week ago

Hiya again Gordon! :) The question always comes up at some point in every Q+A with a producer who uses Pro Tools or similar,...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 590
Gordotronic 1 week ago

Hey Gordon, thanks for doing this! I love those early Strokes records so much! I read a throwaway comment once in a newspaper...

JiveMiguel
replies: 1 views: 534
Gordotronic 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to do this! (Is This It) has a smaller frequency range compared to a lot of newer music, but at...

melodic dreamer
replies: 2 views: 664
melodic dreamer 1 week ago

Hey Gordon. Thanks for doing this Q&A. Your work with The Strokes is literally the most important educational tool in my...

SamPura
replies: 1 views: 496
Gordotronic 1 week ago

Hi Gordon, I absolutely love the sounds you got on the first two Strokes records, particularly the drums and vocals. Would you...

limbs
replies: 1 views: 699
Gordotronic 1 week ago

Hey Gordon! So many questions, but these most of all: 1) On the second album, Room on Fire, did you record Julian's vox through...

Dirk Churlish
replies: 2 views: 583
Dirk Churlish 1 week ago

1) Mic preamps used on Soviet Kitsch? My absolute favorite record of hers. 2) What do you think of the production on the later...

Dirk Churlish
replies: 1 views: 465
Gordotronic 1 week ago

hi Gordon, thank u for doing this! found a link to this q&a on reddit, new to gearslutz. I was wdondering, what is your...

terminalfrost
replies: 1 views: 516
Gordotronic 1 week ago

Looking forward to hanging out and discussing production, music and sound with you! I have been a fan of Gearslutz for years and...

Gordotronic
replies: 2 views: 530
Gordotronic 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search