The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
another Verve question if I may?... Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 19th July 2009
Gear nut

another Verve question if I may?...

John,

Thanks for the previous reply about A Storm In Heaven!

could I ask what reverbs and compressors where used on this album?

Also, Did you record all the "jam" sessions and if so, do they still survive?

thanks again.

steve
Old 20th July 2009
Gear nut

Another Verve question

Hi Steve
Album was recorded and mixed at Sawmills. Reverbs would probably be Lexicon PCM60, large and long and all positions between, SPX90 1 Hall Rev time 6-8secs minus bass, Lexicon 480L (bought by studio in advance on us booking 6 weeks) and probably a taste of Breathing Canyon on H3000. We'd also get various delays going with feedback from AMS DMX1580 and get harmonizers feeding back set on like 0.81 and 1.21 and some delays an octave up and the top rolled off and set back. Nick had delays and stuff on his amp and sometimes its two amps with delay left and right.
I still got some cassettes of jams I recorded on walkman in Wigan '93 and there's probably some 24T from studio at the time. I also recorded 24 songs with Richard, Simon, Simon and Sobo at Real World and Ridge Farm in 1995 which became the demos for Urban Hymns which wasn't finished til '97 but thats another story...
Cheers
JL
Old 20th July 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleckie View Post
Hi Steve
I also recorded 24 songs with Richard, Simon, Simon and Sobo at Real World and Ridge Farm in 1995 which became the demos for Urban Hymns which wasn't finished til '97 but thats another story...
Cheers
JL
Please tell that story too Mr. Leckie. There has been a tape of those demos floating around verve circles for years and I for one find them stunning. Better, in fact, than the finished product Urban Hymns (which Nick once called a "Bon Jovi record").

Thanks!
Old 20th July 2009
Gear nut

great info John!

I would LOVE to hear your early Verve Jam tapes - we need a Verve box set!!!

thanks again,

steve
Old 22nd July 2009
Gear Addict

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions! My question is about the song Butterfly from A Storm in Heaven; in an interview Nick Mc Cabe said that part of the song was based on a sample of a Steely Dan track. Could you tell us which Dan song was used on this track and how the band came about to use it in this song?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search