The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Working with Robyn Hitchcock
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Working with Robyn Hitchcock

Hello John and thanks for all the great music.

One of my favorite albums that never gets old for me is Respect by Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians. Really a wonderful album that I prefer not to shuffle as it holds up very well as one united performance, song to song. Just beautiful soundscapes. (And I notice this CD is always a tad louder than my others, but clear as a bell, too.)

Any recollections working with Robyn on that one? Were the songs basically ready to go, or was there a lot of re-shaping done on the spot?

Thanks in advance,

-Mark Kaufman
Old 6th July 2009
Gear Nut

Hi Mark
I had great time making that record. It was recorded at Robyn's house in Yarmouth town on Isle of Wight in UK. A quaint little town by the ferry to Southhampton. Recorded on BBC mobile truck with SSL desk and parked outside with cables across the pavement and Robyn often doing the cooking for us. The band were well rehearsed and i think Robyn had more songs to record that there just wasn't time for. We set up just in the living room with keyboards drums and Robyn guitar and vocals. Some of vocals live and the piano parts were all later replayed via midi feeding a Yamaha Clavichord piano which plays itself! Thanks for memories. We all had party in garden and some tracks were from live recording at party.
Cheers JL
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search