The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with producer / engineer Ken Scott

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Mr. Scott, I've been listening to this record for years and the production is still outstanding. The way the...

icebox
replies: 1 views: 4,221
Ken Scott 14th December 2010

Hi Ken, Thanks for doing this, and for capturing those sounds on the Beatles records. In the book "the complete Beatles...

Virgil
replies: 1 views: 4,262

Hi Ken I know you've historically had a chance to work with the best gear ever- fairchilds- rs124s etc is there any new single...

marshalllove
replies: 1 views: 4,448

Step right this way! Hi Ken, There are two tracks on Magical Mystery Tour that grab me each time, so hopefully you could...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 3,007

Hello Ken and thank you for your time! It's common knowledge that Paul played drums on Dear Prudence but is that Paul even on...

hAPIguy
replies: 1 views: 4,649

I love this song and the very "in your face" and punchy sounding acoustic guitars. Can you tell us how they were...

buzzjoe
replies: 1 views: 2,292

Hello Ken! First of all, thanks for doing this and for providing us music lovers with so great recordings. I'll keep it short,...

affe110
replies: 1 views: 3,374

Hi Ken, Thanks for the inspiration. Can you give any background into the recording process for Jeff Beck's "There And...

Waltz Mastering
replies: 1 views: 4,332
Ken Scott 13th December 2010

Hi Ken Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. I can't believe I actually own almost all the records in your discography....

cjeff1
replies: 1 views: 3,084

Ken, Thanks a million for taking the time to do this! I know we all appreciate it a great deal. While this has been...

idylldon
replies: 1 views: 5,028

Hi Ken, Particularly fond of the drumsound on "rock n roll suicide" The incoming tom fill really lifts my mood! To...

Fezzle
replies: 1 views: 3,164

Ken, being musicians back in the sixties in Socal(1965 and on), you can count on it that we all loved your work...and still do. ...

Denny C
replies: 1 views: 2,978

Ken, What compressors (if any) would you have typically used on the mix bus for the records you did in the 70's? Thanks so...

Philip S Bova
replies: 1 views: 6,482

I'm a huge fan of your work, and - as a drummer myself - one of my all time fave drum sounds is from Bowie's 'Pinups'...

timtoonz
replies: 1 views: 3,256
Ken Scott 12th December 2010

Hi Ken, thanks for doing this forum. The acoustic guitar sounds on the first America album are iconic. What can you tell me...

Thwacko
replies: 2 views: 3,799

Ken - This album remains 1 of my desert island favorites. It's a classic that is perfect in every sense. I love the SOUND, the...

alschnier
replies: 3 views: 4,376

Hello Ken. From reading through the answers, I gather that your basic approach to gear is "Give me any box and I'll get 110%...

kennybro
replies: 1 views: 4,383

Thanks for doing this Ken, you have been an important influence on me live and in the studio. I was even inspired by you to...

Beyersound
replies: 1 views: 2,394

Hi. Thanks for doing this, How would you mike the string sections on these albums.(what mics were used)?

skip bitmin
replies: 1 views: 2,283

Hi Ken, I've been fascinated by that 100 year old Bechstein grand piano at Trident. It's like a superstar, having been a part...

Mark Kaufman
replies: 1 views: 2,549

I heard somewhere that EJ would put a basic track down then "leave the production team to it" returning later to a...

Jules
replies: 1 views: 3,281

It strike me that the intelectual caliber of a lot of the artists you have worked with is high. I mean every one has thier...

Jules
replies: 1 views: 3,542
Ken Scott 11th December 2010

Hi Ken, I really like how you treat bass. From the incredible punch on Andy's bass with the Dregs, to Mark Kings dynamics...

Aa63
replies: 1 views: 5,680

Mr. Scott, A lot of young engineers and bands admire the records made in the early 70s, like Honky Chateau, Aladdin Sane, and...

student123
replies: 1 views: 2,806

Hi Ken, First off, thanks for taking time out and doing this Q&A. I'm curios how the sound developed with the Bowie...

j-uk
replies: 1 views: 3,906

Well it was in the Kensington High Street area, in London, at an awards lunch. Details here APRS - Sound Fellowships...

Jules
replies: 3 views: 3,708

Hi Ken, Thanks for doing this. Would you please tell us about your EpiK Drums project. How did it come about? What did you...

Barish
replies: 2 views: 4,580

Hi Ken, Do you mind telling us a little of your experience with the great Mahavishnu Band... What were the sessions on...

noiseflaw
replies: 4 views: 4,113

Hi Ken. I love so many albums you've been a part of. Was curious of the setup for bass on "Walk on the wild side" Elec...

Winey
replies: 2 views: 4,003

Hi and thanks for doing this. You're one of the legendary engineers of all time. Your career developed over decades when every...

jindrich
replies: 1 views: 5,142

i do love the drums on the white album period (especiall on "revolution", the single version). i know ringo damped the...

zinzin
replies: 1 views: 6,456
Ken Scott 10th December 2010

Hi Ken. Anything you can tell us about this classic, Especial Bowie's vocal chain?

lhama
replies: 1 views: 4,229

Dear Ken, I was just listening last night to Bowie's Ziggy Stardust album and was struck again by the sound-world you created...

AntManBee
replies: 1 views: 3,890

Hi Ken, Thanks for doing the Q&A, I'm sure you'll be a great help to many on here! My question is in regards to The...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 4,037
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search