The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Ken, always wondered how the violin was recorded on "Walk on the Wild Side". My guess is a ribbon mic or a U47?...

MrVelvet
replies: 1 views: 5,085
Ken Scott 5th January 2011

Hi Ken, a quick one for recording strings . Im looking to do some string dates and was wondering how you would...

Fezzle
replies: 1 views: 4,386
Ken Scott 4th January 2011

Hello Ken and happy New Year! Do you happen to know what happened with Ted Sharp after early 70's? Cheers! Seb

sebsebseb
replies: 1 views: 4,278

Hey Ken! Thanks for making good music! My question is to inquire if you ever hear an artist on the radio or other medium and feel...

AfterViewer
replies: 1 views: 3,842

So, I couldn't resist, as this is one of the most hotly discussed subjects around gear..."What's more important, the mic or...

asdfdsa
replies: 1 views: 6,206

First off, a heartfelt THANKS for your time, humour and expertise. On many of the classic records you've done, the drums...

timtoonz
replies: 1 views: 6,602

Hi Ken, Thanks for taking the time. Always loved the sound of Stanley Clarkes School Days LP. Especially the kit on the title...

jrmprod
replies: 1 views: 4,043

Hi Ken, Definitely sound is always dictated by the players and what you are given. It is pretty obvious from another thread...

Ollie
replies: 1 views: 6,256

I am very impressed by all of the great artists you have worked with: many are my favorites! So many great recordings! I have...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 6,290
Ken Scott 3rd January 2011

Hi Ken! I was wondering if you could shed any light on mixing, when you have all your tracks in place and you start a...

Fezzle
replies: 1 views: 5,083

Hello again Ken, In other post you mentioned as a favourite the Studer J37s. Would you say the J37 was the best sounding tape...

Virgil
replies: 1 views: 4,840

Hi Ken, here's a quick one for you: Where do you prefer to place microphones when recording grand piano? I've read in other...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 1 views: 5,087

Ken, Thanks for doing this. My question is brief. What volume(s) do you prefer to do most of your mixing at? Do you mix at...

Quadrophonic73
replies: 1 views: 5,442

I was in Whiteheart when we did the "Inside" record. It was a great experience. Hope you are well. Brian

no1yuno
replies: 1 views: 4,423
Ken Scott 2nd January 2011

Hi Ken, I am a huge fan of yours ... and most of Supertramp's recordings ... especially Crisis and Crime (=: I am curious...

jlsgear
replies: 1 views: 4,239

I've always noticed that acoustic guitars recorded by you are way different in sound from those recorded by Geoff. All fantastic...

thenoodle
replies: 1 views: 5,512

ken, Madman Across the Water has always been a sonic masterpiece in my mind. i am just wondering if you could share some...

skybluerental
replies: 1 views: 4,519

Hello, Mr Scott My question is how to go about getting "air" into a bass track that has been recorded direct? My...

Vitalis
replies: 1 views: 5,190

Ken, I didn't realize that you produced Devo's 'Duty Now For The Future'!!! I was (mistakenly) under the impression that Eno did...

T'Mershi Duween
replies: 1 views: 3,814
Ken Scott 1st January 2011

Ken- Al Things Must Pass is my favorite record of all time. Was it difficult managing all those musicians? With Spector's Wall...

Power Supply
replies: 1 views: 5,424

Hello Ken, Thank you very much for sharing your valuable experience with us! May I ask you if you are still surprised by some...

isham
replies: 1 views: 5,746

Hi Ken, Thank you for this Q&A. I have a question in regards to the vocals on Eternity's Breath on the visions LP. How did...

robertshaw
replies: 1 views: 3,662

I didnt realise you worked on that record - its one of my favourite records of all time. Any recollections of that album? There...

Bobbob
replies: 1 views: 5,301
Ken Scott 30th December 2010

Ken, I echo all the appreciation expressed for your generous participation in this forum!! I was wondering if you've ever used...

SongShark
replies: 1 views: 7,008

Hello Ken: In Geoff Emerick's recent book, he described the 4 Beatles as having distinctly different personalities: He said...

Studio Addict
replies: 1 views: 5,362

HI Ken, Many thanks for this absolutely fascinating Q&A. I am old enough to have just caught studios when reel to reels...

octopi
replies: 1 views: 4,189

Hi Ken, Awesome having such a luminary around these parts! Whilst I'm somewhat of a 'younger' lad, bought up in the dying...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 1 views: 5,013

Hi Ken, I was wondering what the recording process was like for Mahavishnu Orchestra? Did they need a lot of takes to nail the...

bossman
replies: 1 views: 4,885

Hello Scott, it's a pleasure to have you here. I really love the Coles 4038 for overheads and I see you use them often for...

jffmusic
replies: 1 views: 6,026

Hi Ken, In another post you mentioned about the background vocals for My Sweet Lord. Could you tell us anything about how the...

mspboy
replies: 1 views: 5,104

Ken, Were you using Dolby A back in the Trident days? Do you currently use Dolby (A or SR) when recording to analog tape or...

Philip S Bova
replies: 1 views: 4,205

Dear Mr Scott, Could you share any insights as to how you miked up Billy Cobham's kit on 'Birds of Fire'? I've read that he...

camus
replies: 1 views: 5,102
Ken Scott 29th December 2010

Ken, you had the opportunity to work with some of the finest Moog players (Jan Hammer, David Sancious, Kit Watkins....). What are...

TinderArts
replies: 1 views: 4,985

Ken, I've read a few things about how Lennon's vocal technique was pretty well honed and he would do things like wave his hand...

idylldon
replies: 1 views: 6,628

I am completely up to date, bloody hell, and so I will take a break for the next couple of days. Until we next share thoughts I...

Ken Scott
replies: 13 views: 4,767
Jesse Miller 26th December 2010

What sort of business models do you see winning in decades to come? Are there labels? We have a world now with the internet that...

booob
replies: 1 views: 5,166
Ken Scott 23rd December 2010

With all of your experience, how do you think the changes in technology (particularly in the past 10 years) have most impacted...

MovingPictures07
replies: 1 views: 5,253

Hi ken Juast a quick question, i read that you like the cadac Consolé,is this true? , you can remembre in witch récords you...

pacoloco
replies: 3 views: 6,272

Hi, Ken -- First off: thank you for furnishing me with an adolescence of great-sounding recordings and for submitting yourself...

balaperdida
replies: 1 views: 4,872

Hi Ken, "Don't Shoot Me" has long been a favorite of mine. The sound is lush and the songs flow wonderfully from...

lassoharp
replies: 1 views: 4,282

I enjoyed reading your comments about "Ain't Superstitious". I would love to hear more about your experiences with the...

mbrebes
replies: 1 views: 5,239

Hi Ken, thanks a lot for doing this, I'm a great fan of your work on those Bowie albums. I've always wondered about the crazy...

prog
replies: 1 views: 8,378
Ken Scott 22nd December 2010

Hey again Ken, Got a question regarding isolation, on the whole would you have groups playing together in...

Fezzle
replies: 1 views: 4,947

Hi Ken, It is great to see you here (again)!! John Lennon would have been 70 this year, and the beginning of December is...

JP11
replies: 1 views: 6,963

Hey again Ken! Thanks for answering my previous question! Here is another one if I may be so bold. After watching your Epik...

Clayphish
replies: 1 views: 6,814

Hey Ken! With all your achievements over the years and being in the field for so long, it seems as if music production is taking...

bryan k
replies: 1 views: 4,504

. As I was poking around the web, I noticed that monitors seem to be a rare example of gear about which you are kinda...

12ax7
replies: 1 views: 5,506

I wonder if you prefer flying by the seat of your pants in recordings or if you structure and plan a session heavily - for...

elloelloello
replies: 1 views: 4,872

Hello Ken! Ultimately all the painstaking work that goes on in the studio leads to the listeners experience after purchasing...

rdstreets
replies: 1 views: 4,484

Hey Scott, I think we´re all very grateful to have you here and for the opportunity to read about your experiences. I wrote so...

Andreas Leonhard
replies: 1 views: 5,738

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search