The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with producer / engineer Ken Scott

Options
Views: 6,293
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ken Scott Throughout his forty years in the recording industry, Ken Scott has had a reputation as being "one of the...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 8,414
Jules 10th December 2010

Engineered: America America The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour White Album Jeff Beck ...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 11,266
Jules 10th December 2010

Wow that was a long month, but most enjoyable, even when the GOM was invoked. I thank you all for your questions and I hope I...

Ken Scott
replies: 10 views: 30,059
Jules 17th January 2011

Hello Ken - it's a pleasure & honour to have the opportunity to... virtually bombard U with questions - and a real treat to...

andreaeffe
replies: 1 views: 8,786
Ken Scott 15th January 2011

Hello Ken -- Nice to see you here doing this. I was wondering if you had any interesting stories or insights from your time...

paterno
replies: 1 views: 6,183

Ken Scott what we're some of your favorite recordings that inspired you to become an audio engineer? Do you have a musical...

mappee
replies: 1 views: 5,846

Hi Ken, When you are involved in a project in an engineering role, how do you deal with artists who ask your musical opinion?...

MarsBot
replies: 1 views: 8,121

Hi Ken, I would guess you are often asked to re-create the classic sounds you achieved on the Beatles/Bowie/ (insert very...

David R.
replies: 1 views: 8,833

Firstly, I would like say the typical, and the obvious, that is that I am very grateful that such sites as gearslutz exist, and...

rene-lemieux
replies: 50 views: 19,658
RTR 14th January 2011

Hi Ken, thanks so much for doing this! With all the advancements in music since the time you entered the industry, it's now...

bossman
replies: 1 views: 8,444
Ken Scott 14th January 2011

Hello Ken, Could you take us through your thoughts on some of the vintage consoles you have worked on throughout the years. ...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 7,820

Hi Ken thanks for coming in a sharing your wealth of experience. It's an honor to be able to speak with you. Can you share...

audiobob
replies: 1 views: 5,033

Hello Ken, From what little I could find, I believe you were the engineer on the Mary Hopkin session for "Goodbye". ...

GYMusic
replies: 1 views: 5,500

Hi Ken, I'm curious as to how careful everyone was back then in making sure there was the least bit of noise in the signal path...

lmgoldsmith
replies: 1 views: 5,935

We all know how great classic mics, pres and compressors are. But nobody praises "classic" speakers. How do you think...

PRobb
replies: 1 views: 7,092

Hey there Ken Ronno question- On Ziggy -Mick used his 200 watt Marshall Major (my guess -full volume!) did he also use any...

jjvampower
replies: 1 views: 5,358

Hello and thanks so much for the fascinating and informative read! You mentioned monitors as being first and foremost as to...

Keystone
replies: 1 views: 6,871

Hi Ken, Is there a polar pattern that you like the best on vocal mics? I hear a wonderful unobtrusive density without...

JoeyM
replies: 1 views: 8,112

Hello Ken, thanks so much for doing this! Can you tell us how a typical treatment of the vocals looked like in the mixing...

shapemod
replies: 1 views: 7,803

Dear Ken Hunky Dory and Ziggy are still my favourite 2 albums of all time. I am intrigued by Bowie's input into recording from...

richgilb
replies: 1 views: 7,932

I was going to tag this on the lottery song post but it's pretty much it's own question (or series of questions). I'm...

Marcocet
replies: 1 views: 5,012

Hi Ken, Without asking any questions on how you did certian things on certian recordings that you done sometime ago. I was...

byerssound
replies: 1 views: 5,204

Hi there and thank you for being here! I'm curious about the Kinfauns tapes and I have a few questions, if you don't mind. ...

hAPIguy
replies: 1 views: 6,178

Hey Ken, Great to have you here! I was wondering if you can tell us anything about how you captured the double bass on this...

bonnybilly
replies: 1 views: 5,847

Hi Ken, always admired your work. All of it! I put up Crime of the Century here in the studio the other day. Everything about...

kellyd
replies: 1 views: 5,878

What was it like recording Devo? That is my favorite Devo album! That is a really weird sounding album. What was the concept...

Nu-tra
replies: 1 views: 5,487

Hello, I'm wondering if it's a must for music arrangers to play piano...? Thanks, Amin Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app

AminNapil
replies: 1 views: 5,667

Hi Ken, thanks for popping in with your wisdom and anecdotes. As a Procol Harum fan from day one, I was blown away when A...

RKrizman
replies: 1 views: 5,363

Hi Ken, I've always loved the 2 Mary Hopkin albums on Apple Records that you worked on (1969's "Postcard" and 1971's...

rewind1964
replies: 1 views: 4,978

Hi Ken, In another thread you mentioned having worked on Don't Touch Me There. I love how you made the Phil Spector style...

mspboy
replies: 1 views: 5,436

Hi Ken! Like many others have said, thanks for doing this. Supertramp were one of the groups I was bought up on, and Crisis...

AlexK
replies: 1 views: 5,432
Ken Scott 13th January 2011

Mr. Scott Thank you for all of the great music. Not long ago, my friend Rod Morgenstein was over at my house having a cup of...

Mark Cattano
replies: 1 views: 5,126

Hello Ken, It's great that you are kind enough to do this and it just so happens that I have a question that has been itching my...

Clown Sound
replies: 1 views: 7,201

Hi Ken, fist of all I want to say thanks for all the great records. I've probably spent over twice as much time listening to the...

panam
replies: 1 views: 5,750

Hey Ken, How do you feel about recording at 96K over 44.1 or 48K do you feel 96 is better, thanks

arnielarsen
replies: 1 views: 9,725

Ken, I too want to thank you for taking the time to answer so many questions. Generally, what is your process for...

xaMdaM
replies: 1 views: 5,928

Hi Ken- Thanks so much for doing this and sharing your expertise. I have seen photos of David Bowie in the studio in which...

soundbarnfool
replies: 1 views: 7,081
Ken Scott 12th January 2011

Hi Ken, What are your preferences today when you record and mix music? Do prefer to use a certain set of consoles when recording...

Ollie
replies: 1 views: 8,278

Hi Ken. Thanks for all of your work and for doing this! Just a quick one about the Beatles..... Did they do any kind of vocal...

dobbo
replies: 1 views: 8,201

Hi Ken, First I'd like to thank you for helping to shape many of my favorite records! I've always loved the album Ziggy...

smagnant
replies: 1 views: 6,213

Hi Ken, thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions!! With all the advancements we've made in technology I'm...

litepipe
replies: 1 views: 5,160
Ken Scott 11th January 2011

Hi Ken, Thanks for doing this, it's great to learn from a master! One of my favorite Elton songs is "High Flying...

4score
replies: 1 views: 5,288

I have to say, it's been a delight reading your responses here. The information has been great, but even more, I'm very much...

Empty Planet
replies: 1 views: 4,733

hi ken, in an earlier thread, i saw you mentioned a documentary that is being made about Trident. could you tell us more...

skybluerental
replies: 1 views: 7,093

Just want to tell you that I have read your responses more eagerly than past guests! Its an honor to be able to ask you questions...

John N
replies: 1 views: 7,799

Hi Ken- Thanks for your commitment to great sound and all of your work. I am a great admirer. I was wondering about Paul's...

cschuby
replies: 1 views: 6,374

First off Ken, let me add to the chorus of Gearslutz applauding you for sharing your time and expertise with us. kfhkh I got...

mastermix
replies: 1 views: 6,929

Dear Ken, I would like to find out the distance from the REC-head air gap of a BTR 2 to the air gap of its REPRO-head. Do you...

opotsh
replies: 1 views: 5,917

Ken, I was listening to Pawn's Hearts from 1971 and saw your were one of the engineers and it struck me, like Court of the...

andrewskee
replies: 1 views: 4,646

Hi Ken! Do you find that you tend to use a lot of processing such compression and EQ during tracking, or do you tend to save...

Chris900
replies: 1 views: 6,735

Ken Who is the engineer in this Beatle clip? YouTube - The Beatles WHITE ALBUM SESSIONS

mappee
replies: 1 views: 6,649

Hi Ken, Much respect to you for all you've done and for doing this. I have been wondering,for many years now, about the And Your...

Clown Sound
replies: 1 views: 7,630
Ken Scott 6th January 2011
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search