The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ringo's humor Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Ringo's humor

I am very impressed by all of the great artists you have worked with: many are my favorites! So many great recordings! I have never met any of the Beatles, but it seemed to me Ringo had the funniest sense of humor out of the Fab Four. I read elsewhere on this forum that you said Ringo was fairly quiet, but curious if you had any comments about Ringo's humor. Any thoughts on English artists singing in an American accent?
Old 3rd January 2011
Special Guest

Hi, Ringo was quiet compared to the others but he did come out with some great lines from time to time. But I have to say that the funniest was most certainly George. He was the one that right in the beginning said to George M that he didn't like his tie and it just continued from there.

I tend to think that the American "twang" appears more from the slurring of the words than a conscious decision to try and sound American. I have tried my hand at singing a couple of times and without any intent to sound like I was from across the ocean it came out like I was from across the ocean. Well maybe about half way across.

Cheers
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search