The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Abbey Road Plug-Ins
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

Abbey Road Plug-Ins

Ken, I echo all the appreciation expressed for your generous participation in this forum!!

I was wondering if you've ever used any of the Abbey Road Plug-Ins and what you think of them. Do you think they accurately emulate the original gear you were using? Would you recommend them to someone who loves the sound of Beatles records?

I must say that the fact that records like the White Album still sound so fresh and relevant over 40 years later (even prior to the recent remasters) is an AMAZING tribute to you and your Abbey Road colleagues.
Old 30th December 2010
Special Guest

Hi, Thanks for the nice comments. A lot of the reason those records sound so good is the gear that was in the studio. There has been much written and said by many people about EMI Studios being antiquated and stuck in the past. It was, in many respects, but there was a very good reason for it. They had been in business a lot longer than most and had set the highest standards for themselves and the gear they would allow in the studio.

That being said, no plug-in is ever going to sound the same as the equipment we used back then. I have used a couple of the Abbey Road plug-ins and like them, especially the RS124, however they really don't match up to the originals. I hope this helps.

Cheers
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search