The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Favorite Vocal Recording Plugin Bundles
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Nut

Favorite Vocal Recording

First of all, thanks for taking the time to help inspire us on the forum and obviously you've done some legendary work.

I'm wondering if you had to pick one, what would be your all time favorite vocal recording session that you witnessed/participated/engineered?

Also if you can remember what gear (compressors/mics/EQ/console pres...) were used on it?

Thanks
Old 22nd December 2010
Special Guest

Hi, I can't answer this in the way I think you wish. I am not a fan of any of my vocal sounds. I admire Mr Bowie as his vocals are 99% of the time first takes, beginning to end. I have been told that Simon Lebon considers his vocal, the one I pieced together, on Perfect Day on the Thankyou album his best performance, so that pleases me. But that's down to performance not sound. Everything that George and I went through for the backing vocals, the George O'Hara-Smith Singers, on All Things Must Pass leaves me, in retrospect, in awe. But that's technique not sound. I'm sorry I can't come up with anything to really answer your question.

Cheers
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search