The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Working with Happy The Man
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

Working with Happy The Man

Ken, I was first awe inspired by your work with Happy the Man back in the late 70's. Can you recall how it was to mix these fellows music?

Did you need to use of a lot of sub mixes to get such dense material sounding so smooth and well orchestrated?

Thanks for all your contributions.
Old 17th December 2010
Special Guest

Hi, Wow that's not a band that's brought up too often, unfortunately. I loved working with them. I loved their musical sense, their melodic sense. In hindsight they should have done some film scoring because of their ability to set moods.
Sub mixes???? Oh ye of little faith. It was all individual tracks and they all had to be controlled individually. If you've seen any of my other posts you might have noticed that I say things like "I learned my art". I say that because that is absolutely what it used to be. The mixer was the instrument and a recording had to be played perfectly. Most of today's mixing is painting by numbers in comparison.

Cheers
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search