The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ken, your mention of the 200hz range Modular Synthesizers
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Ken, your mention of the 200hz range

Hi Ken,

Man, you've been involved in so many of the albums that sort of marked certain moments in my life, my ears and my brains. Bowie as Ziggy was MY record, I thought of it as mine. It was on a cassette and on my earphones, constantly in my walkman or in my back pocket when i was in my early 20's, it still is. One of those records..that had everything for me.

anyhow..I always find myself scanning that 200hz range on my eq..a little bit apprehensive about dumping what i know are sort of thumpy, boxy sounds for fear of losing the thickness that balances, or, fills out a mix. Last night i played with dumping some of this stuff off in a song im working on..excellent results.

Any other of the frequencies you zone in on and check in a routine sort of way? Any tips on how much of those frequencies, db-wise, you tend remove? I usually am good at trusting my earholes for this but I'd love to hear you tech thoughts here..Thanks.
Old 16th December 2010
Special Guest

Hi, I certainly have favourite frequencies that I always use and they seem very grounded in the EQ that was available to me when first learning my art. I usually use around 80, 150, 3.5, 5 and 10. See, really easy. And then that thing about dumping 200. I will of course modify those from time to time but amazingly not very often. The amount each is used is completely reliant on what's needed. It also helps that I nearly always use the same mics.

Cheers
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search