The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Happy the Man
Old 14th December 2010
Gear maniac

Happy the Man

Hi Ken thanks for coming in a sharing your wealth of experience. It's an honor to be able to speak with you.

Can you share how you met up with Happy the Man and a bit about the experience of producing their first two albums? The complexity, yet openness of the recording of the first album amazes me. Crafty Hands was equally amazing but seemed a little slicker in recording. I don't think those albums get the recognition they deserve. They were even left out of Jules' list.

Thanks Ken!

Bob
Old 14th January 2011
special guest

Hi Bob, I was introduced to the band by Arista A&R man Roger Birnbaum. The first time I saw them I loved them. We recorded the first album at A&M Studio D, the second at Chateau Recorders in North Hollywood.

You're right, they don't get the recognition they deserve. Arista was a great label for top 40 hits but they had this habit of signing primarily instrumental bands that they had absolutely no idea how to market. They did the same thing with the Dixie Dregs after Capricorn folded.

Cheers
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search