The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Picking arrangers to collaborate with - what do you look for?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Picking arrangers to collaborate with - what do you look for?

I’ve always wanted to know who did the string arrangements and the overall arrangements on Charango’s “Undress Me Now”?
You have a succinct way of balancing your arrangements across your works. What’s your approach to arranging? You do it so well.

Many thanks!
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by neve1064 View Post
I’ve always wanted to know who did the string arrangements and the overall arrangements on Charango’s “Undress Me Now”?
You have a succinct way of balancing your arrangements across your works. What’s your approach to arranging? You do it so well.

Many thanks!
Thank you!
I like to work with heroes and Nick Ingman was a Sound Library star that gets sampled, a bit like when I worked with Janko Nilovic. It’s inspiring just to be in the same room.
We used a 45 piece orchestra on Charango and it was so exciting! I always used to edit them into more simple arrangements though and adjust the timing to make it more laid back. They tend to over egg it if you’re not careful. Then the rest of it is cool beats and bass lines with Ross playing some cool licks. The final touch is normally some cool keyboard playing like Rhodes or Synth drones that might go through a Leslie cabinet.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search