The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your approach to maintaining your style despite modern production techniques?
Old 14th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Your approach to maintaining your style despite modern production techniques?

Many artists get stuck and can’t progress as the years roll by. Your latest albums are great just like your earlier albums are. How do you explain how well Skye’s vocals take to modern conventions like Melodyne yet still has her signature style and vibe and your songwriting remains evergreen?

Many thanks!
Old 15th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by neve1064 View Post
Many artists get stuck and can’t progress as the years roll by. Your latest albums are great just like your earlier albums are. How do you explain how well Skye’s vocals take to modern conventions like Melodyne yet still has her signature style and vibe and your songwriting remains evergreen?

Many thanks!
Yes it’s a challenge. Skye doesn’t really seem to get too bothered by anything unless there’s a song she doesn’t like. I’m extremely driven so I’m always generating new ideas that I used to run buy her. Ross is the opposite he writes about 1 song a year but it’s usually one of the best.
I listen to lots of new music and try to incorporate the production a little without losing our character.
I’m a natural Gear Slut too so I always have new toys to play with and I enjoy technology catching up with my dreams....

Working with Rachel again was a buzz as she brings so much to the party lyrically and melodically, plus she’s alway had production suggestions so it makes my job a lot easier than the later Morcheeba albums.
If you haven’t heard it check out “Cool your Soul” by Morcheeba Productions. It came from a dark place but it was very cathartic for both of us.
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I enjoy technology catching up with my dreams....
I love this quote and I'm gonna steal it. It's precisely the way I feel.

cheers,
c

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search