The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vocal in Never Undo
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

Vocal in Never Undo

Hey Paul, thank you for your insightful contributions to this forum that come with your always biting sense of humour.

My question: How did you get the super rich lead vocal on Never Undo from the Blaze Away record? It sounds like there's some insane kind of saturation going on. If you want to talk about the recording chain or the process, please do. Thanks!
Old 14th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Hey Paul, thank you for your insightful contributions to this forum that come with your always biting sense of humour.

My question: How did you get the super rich lead vocal on Never Undo from the Blaze Away record? It sounds like there's some insane kind of saturation going on. If you want to talk about the recording chain or the process, please do. Thanks!
I had nothing to do with that record. I bailed by then. It was mixed by Darren Heelis who assisted me on the previous record. He does good work in the box.
Old 14th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I had nothing to do with that record. I bailed by then. It was mixed by Darren Heelis who assisted me on the previous record. He does good work in the box.
My apologies. I wasn't aware! Thanks for the reply.
Old 15th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
My apologies. I wasn't aware! Thanks for the reply.
Don’t worry it’s funny. Of all the songs. To be honest Skye’s voice is just golden though, it’s very hard to fuc* up. Every take she does sounds identical too. She doesn’t improvise which makes comping very easy.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search