The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
  Options 2nd Hand Synths
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Thank you so much! This was a great Q&A, and thank you Paul for the energy you put in. Hope you both come back some day for...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 842
Reptil 20th March 2017

We're very proud to present to you a Q&A session with Paul and Phil Hartnoll AKA Orbital, right as they are getting...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 2,767
Reptil 3rd March 2017

You can post questions from today! Paul and Phil will be answering your questions from tomorrow, for the next two weeks after....

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 708
Reptil 2nd March 2017

Hi Paul, thanks for sharing that early D & S track in the other thread! Hearing bits of the Omen and Steel Cube Idolatry in...

Sir Ruff
replies: 2 views: 611
Kyblik 20th March 2017

Hi Paul and Phil, In one of your videos for your last album release I saw some stuff on the wall, some kind of a road map and...

blue monk
replies: 1 views: 626
paul h 19th March 2017

Two amazing albums, but with a gun to your head, what's your favourite and why? Cheers. cooge

Canedrive
replies: 5 views: 1,464
paul h 19th March 2017

always wanted to know why there is no pure clean version of Lush 3 (and Impact) on any release? Impact is working great into Lush...

Kyblik
replies: 1 views: 718
paul h 19th March 2017

Hello lads! Been a fan since the early 90s. Thank you so much for the music. Insides is one of the best sounding albums ever...

lineofcontrol
replies: 4 views: 736
paul h 19th March 2017

Hi chaps, So you've finished a track, which I'm guessing could be a mixture of hardware and software. What is your approach to...

Howling Terror
replies: 6 views: 1,289
paul h 19th March 2017

Hi Paul Was wondering what recording chain you use for external synths / drum machines? Do you use preamps? If so, which...

SOLON
replies: 2 views: 1,061
SOLON 19th March 2017

Hey Paul Given your use of external synths & drum machines in your live set up, I'm interested to hear about how you get...

SOLON
replies: 3 views: 721
SOLON 19th March 2017

The track 'Meltdown' starts with a fantastic bassdrum like sound. I'm very curious how this sound was made? Which synth, sample...

martin909
replies: 1 views: 564
paul h 18th March 2017

I remember when this came out, Vinyl Zone were the only shop in London selling it and it was marketed as only 1000 copies were...

suspect1
replies: 1 views: 801
paul h 16th March 2017

It's probably not your dream desk but I notice you have a Midas Venice in your studio as do I! Are you using any of the internal...

scruffydog
replies: 3 views: 906
scruffydog 16th March 2017

So noticed from watching videos and from an article on the Jazzmutant/Liine website, I noticed you're using a couple of iPads...

Reptil
replies: 12 views: 1,235
Steam Shield 16th March 2017

So what do you make of all the latest drum machines & synths that have been coming out. Have you picked any of the korgs...

Oask
replies: 5 views: 1,528
paul h 16th March 2017

Hey guys Interested to hear about what you'd pick for your desert island hardware set up. You're allowed: 1 Poly...

SOLON
replies: 4 views: 1,238
[email protected] 15th March 2017

Halcyon + on + on is one of those tracks that just made a difference in my musical life, so for that I thank you. On a...

Aml
replies: 2 views: 817
paul h 15th March 2017

Do you guys enter the studio and have it in your mind what you want to do - like what type of sound your looking for and...

empirix
replies: 6 views: 1,201
paul h 15th March 2017

Hi Paul, I was in traveling Australia when Orbital 2 came out. At the time I remember being convinced that the sound that...

Disgraceland
replies: 3 views: 777
Disgraceland 15th March 2017

hi again Paul,thanks for the previous reply I was wondering what your favourite tracks from the early 90's era are being 41...

damoog
replies: 1 views: 1,012
paul h 15th March 2017

Would you post the TB-303 Pattern from "Impact (The Earth is Burning)" ? I really love it and want to have it in my...

wedok
replies: 2 views: 983
paul h 15th March 2017

Hello Paul and Phil. thanks for your music. There is often a question in my mind, what synth was used... I should be brief...

h3d
replies: 3 views: 921
paul h 15th March 2017

Thanks for the Q&A, guys! I have seen you several times over the years here in Atlanta and it's always amazing. The Girl...

AtlantaSynthGuy
replies: 6 views: 1,464
paul h 14th March 2017

Title says it all really... Is there any gear that you used, for example, front-and-centre on the Brown album that you're...

James Lehmann
replies: 1 views: 948
paul h 14th March 2017

Hi Paul, I don't hear a lot of "traditional" Moog tones on your tracks. Just wondered if you have any Moog gear and...

sleepy12
replies: 2 views: 723
paul h 14th March 2017

HELLO! Been listening to you two since the Beginning...saw you in the 90s and shook hands... I'll take that with me...

Carbilicon
replies: 1 views: 811
paul h 14th March 2017

The Event Horizon soundtrack is easily one of my favorite soundtracks. Care to share any insight into that session (the gear,...

Derp
replies: 2 views: 553
Derp 13th March 2017

Thanks for years of inspiration! You opened my mind in regard to being creative with electronic music. Life-changing. Two...

thermal
replies: 7 views: 1,165
thermal 12th March 2017

Hey Paul, safe to say you've inspired a generation or two... or three. Wondering if you are inspired by any of the newer kids...

Ham
replies: 3 views: 1,004
paul h 12th March 2017

Hi Phil and Paul, thank you so much for taking the time to answer some questions (lifelong fan here, ever since the Guardian...

Sir Ruff
replies: 3 views: 1,468
paul h 12th March 2017

Hi Paul, Are there anymore unreleased tracks that you or Phil did as the D.S. Building Contractors, as only 2 known recordings...

Syn303
replies: 4 views: 841
Syn303 11th March 2017

Hi guys and thanks for doing this. I know you like your hardware, but I was just wondering to what extent have you explored...

Subverter
replies: 4 views: 1,290
paul h 11th March 2017

another question from me :) what do you think about recording Live Style Album (2CDs at least ;P), releasing it as studio...

Kyblik
replies: 3 views: 550
Kyblik 11th March 2017

Hi Guys, Just want to start off by saying that I've enjoyed Orbital's music for well over 20 years. My mates used to have...

Oask
replies: 2 views: 667
Oask 11th March 2017

Hello Paul and Phil, I've been buying all your Orbital cd's. I received my Orbital 2 cd last night. How did Lush 3-2...

mpresev
replies: 2 views: 671
mpresev 10th March 2017

Firstly, thanks for so many years of great tracks! Secondly, North American Tour? Specifically Houston TX? Even more...

sigment
replies: 5 views: 903
Kyblik 10th March 2017

From the 1990's onward, Orbital has been considered an innovator and leader in the electronic music world. At that time (17...

Sensory
replies: 7 views: 1,004
Sensory 10th March 2017

hi paul, hi phil! thanks for doing this q&a. you're one of the main-reasons i started producing music (and my parents got...

dflt
replies: 7 views: 1,644
paul h 10th March 2017

I think Leftfield did this a few years ago, presumably because it's far easier to entice aging ravers out for a weekend evening...

Pooptoad
replies: 1 views: 454
paul h 10th March 2017

hello Paul and Phil! Petr K. from facebook here. thx a LOT for coming back again! i wanted to ask, if you always record your...

Kyblik
replies: 2 views: 585
lineofcontrol 9th March 2017

Honoured!! abduction You guys into the eurorack scene? Thoughts on favourite modules?

empirix
replies: 3 views: 1,367
paul h 9th March 2017

Hi Paul & Phil, glad to hear there’s more orbital come! I have a question about your old live set up. Which was the...

thekernel
replies: 1 views: 833
paul h 9th March 2017

Hi Paul and Phil, I want to ask you, about the 2017 rework of the classic "Kinetic". I used to dance my feet to a...

Reptil
replies: 7 views: 1,127
paul h 9th March 2017

Hi, Big fan of the score to Event Horizon, and would love to know a bit about the process and any insight and information about...

PaulDawkins
replies: 1 views: 819
paul h 9th March 2017

Duo

As a duo how does the writing and performance aspect work out? Do you allocate specific tasks/instruments for composition that...

Opportunist
replies: 1 views: 846
paul h 8th March 2017

Orbital has always brought a hypnotic rhythmic quality to production, before delay is added, how do you work to get these great,...

chaosium
replies: 2 views: 1,441
chaosium 7th March 2017

Hello Phil and Paul. I saw you guys live 3 times back in 1996 during the "In Sides" tour. I loved your last album...

aligak
replies: 2 views: 1,291
aligak 6th March 2017

First off, you guys rock. My question pertains to how you guys write your songs. How do you guys usually start a track? Do you...

puerko
replies: 2 views: 1,416
paul h 6th March 2017

Hi Paul and phil!...absolute honour to be chatting with both of you, been a massive fan since 1991 always wondered where the...

damoog
replies: 1 views: 1,133
paul h 5th March 2017

Hello, I've enjoyed your music for the last 25 years. Thank you. I have a question that has been burning in my mind ever...

Entrainer
replies: 3 views: 1,190
rockmanrock 5th March 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search