The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Talk us through chime?
Old 16th March 2017
Gear Addict

Talk us through chime?

I remember when this came out, Vinyl Zone were the only shop in London selling it and it was marketed as only 1000 copies were going to be made. As i was a regular at Vinyl Zone i managed to secure a copy, which I've since battered. The track was a defining moment for UK house music. How crazy was that, how did you get through it and what was it like ?
Old 16th March 2017
Special Guest

Funny you should ask that , I'm doing a full interview on that very track tomorrow for electronic sound magazine !
I think I may leave a lot of it for them . But yes it was mad, I went from washing dishes part time to being on top of the pops in 24 hours ! I even had to swap shifts with someone to be able to do it.

I knew some thing special had happened when I played the demo tape to Jazzy m and he went evangelical in the shop,blasting it out and all the dj's at the counter put their hands up for a copy( it was late Friday afternoon so a packed shop) . An awsome moment, to be honest I haven't looked back Since then, still feel like I'm riding that wave.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search