The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Song selection for the Green album?
Old 15th March 2017
Lives for gear

Song selection for the Green album?

Hi Paul, thanks for sharing that early D & S track in the other thread! Hearing bits of the Omen and Steel Cube Idolatry in there.

Since we're talking early stuff: I read your great SOS interview on the making of the Green album and came away wondering--the album is almost all new material rather than previously released singles (which you already had a lot of). For whatever reason, the album stands out as as kind of its own thing--very experimental in some ways--whereas the mood of the other singles seems to fall more in line with what we'd come to hear on the Brown album.

Was there a stylistic goal in terms of making the album separate from earlier singles, or was it just a case of compiling the songs you had most recently worked on/were most interested at the time?
Old 19th March 2017
Special Guest

Hi Sir Riff

It did have three singles on it at the end but it was a long album so I didn't mind putting them all on. it wasn't quite all new stuff either, Macro head ( vinyl only ) and high rise were recorded before we started on the album. No, no intention of trying to make it stand out from our other stuff, we just tried to make a good album! All the rest were totally new material .
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul h View Post
Hi Sir Riff

It did have three singles on it at the end but it was a long album so I didn't mind putting them all on. it wasn't quite all new stuff either, Macro head ( vinyl only ) and high rise were recorded before we started on the album. No, no intention of trying to make it stand out from our other stuff, we just tried to make a good album! All the rest were totally new material .
Paul, is it possible to release Macro Head and Untitled digitaly in good quality? im ok with Macro Head, as i rip all of my Orbital vinyls to mp3 in good enough quality and occasional crack simply belongs to the vinyl record.

but Untitled is another monster. i bought Green Album on MC some 8 years ago on eBay and in that time i already didnt have cassette player anymore, and had to bother friends who did but hum and buzz of MC is terrible and getting worse with years.

although just 4 days ago i finaly sent Green MC for digital transfer on CD and hope the record is still working, i would gladly got my hands on digital copy from the source

<Moderator message: I'll allow this comment because of it's feedback, but the Session has been closed, really. Thank You!>

Last edited by Reptil; 20th March 2017 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: -
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search