The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Walk Now - Sampled Aussie pedestrian crossing?
Old 13th March 2017
Here for the gear

Walk Now - Sampled Aussie pedestrian crossing?

Hi Paul,

I was in traveling Australia when Orbital 2 came out. At the time I remember being convinced that the sound that comes in at 2 minutes on 'Walk now' was a sample of an Australian pedestrian crossing 'alarm'.

Am I right, or was it the microdots...?? .

All the best,
John

P.S Incidentally, we listened to that album on constant rotation on a drive from Syndey right the way up the coast to Cape Tribulation. The sounds / synths / drums you guys used have never left me. Totally changed my life.
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

I remember thinking the same thing, but this was a pedestrian crossing in Ireland. Sounds very similar.
Old 15th March 2017
Special Guest

Hi John ,

No ot wasn't the micro dot , it is the sound of an Australian pedestrian crossing . Well a Sydney one anyway , I noticed they are a bit more mechanical sounding in Melbourne. The didgeridoo i sampled is the one I bought on the same trip. We went there to play an illegal rave at New Year's Eve 91/92 called welcome 92.

Probably a good album for your road trip as there was a lot of my memories of Australia and my first tour of America wrapped up in it.
Old 15th March 2017
Here for the gear

Amazing! Thanks Paul.
Feels like an itch I've had for 24 years just got scratched
I remember NYE in Sydney in 91/92 as it happens. Amazing times. Seem to remember that they considered it their 'Summer of Love'.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search