The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lush 3/Impact/Remind fade-outs & fade-ins
Old 10th March 2017
Here for the gear

Lush 3/Impact/Remind fade-outs & fade-ins

always wanted to know why there is no pure clean version of Lush 3 (and Impact) on any release? Impact is working great into Lush 3, with Remind onto Impact, but i thought when buying Lush 3 on CD, 12", various promos i will hear it alone, clean, pure. original Lush 3 and Impact on Orbital 20 are both on different CDs and again fade-out, fade-ins. the same goes with Remind fade-in into Impact. dont get me wrong i love it as it is, its strong trio on Brown Album, but i would like to know the story behind that.
Old 19th March 2017
Special Guest

hi Kyblik

interesting question actually. Im not entirely sure why we didn't run off a version of Lush without impact fading out at the end that would have made sense but we probably didn't know it was going to be a single when we were recording the album .

to go some way to explain ill run you through the process of how we mixed the three tracks together ( I'm counting both parts of lush as one here ).

when we decided to mix a section of the album together it wasn't an easy process back then, not in our little studio anyway. digital editing was expensive and laying two tracks together was even more unusual. so we had just got an alesis adat and had planed the thing out on that . The idea was to record lush on to tracks 1 an 2 as a stereo recording , instead of straight to dat as we would usually do. We had put a time code down on track 8 so we could sync up the other tracks afterward. We then put down impact so it would line up on tracks 3 and 4 in the right place, ditto with Remind on 5 and 6. we then mixed the whole thing onto dat and took that to the mastering session. we didn't do them individually so when it was single time we just used the mastered version from the album . Hence the need for a fade.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search