The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
D.S. Building Contractors
Old 9th March 2017
Deleted User
D.S. Building Contractors

Hi Paul,

Are there anymore unreleased tracks that you or Phil did as the D.S. Building Contractors, as only 2 known recordings surfaced on the House Sound Of London Vol. 4 Compilation on FFRR Records in 1988 (One for the Burglar & Depth Charge) before you and Phil became Orbital.

Last edited by Syn303; 10th March 2017 at 12:37 PM..
Old 11th March 2017
Special Guest

Hi syn303

DS building contractors was just me , and yes i have loads of recordings from that time, I'm having a listen now while I types actually , a nice trip down memory lane thanks to you! Last year i ran all my 4 track stuff into abelton with the idea of getting it out on sound cloud on something for those that are interested. may still do it some time when i actually have the time.
Old 11th March 2017
Special Guest

the tradition between DS and orbital is a grey area , as i went from me one my own to incorporating Phil , which was an occasional thing , at that time i was mostly working alone. orbital only really surfaced when chime became a reality and we had to quickly think of a name, you wouldn't want to stike with DS building contractors would you?

heres a track from my 4 track archive that i would say was more firmly in the DS camp , but like i say there was no real difference.
Attached Files

I havent got a brain.mp3 (13.37 MB, 1070 views)

Old 11th March 2017
Special Guest

Sorry it's a bit long...
Old 11th March 2017
Deleted User
Cool track, and very Acid House!! the melody in that track was almost What Time Is Love-ish by the KLF. Perhaps a DS album would be something for the fans to hear a bit of pre-Oribtal stuff.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search