The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DAW and software exploration
Old 3rd March 2017
Lives for gear

DAW and software exploration

Hi guys and thanks for doing this.
I know you like your hardware, but I was just wondering to what extent have you explored working 'in the box'?
Old 9th March 2017
Special Guest

Yes i love working in the box. its he single most important thing to happen with technology for me over the years. i love the way with a laptop , abelton and pair of headphone i can write any where.

I like a mixture of both in and out of the box for production , as i love hardware too. but i tend to divide it up as:-

instruments , synths = hardware

mixing Fx = in the box

this is the most flexible for me, no hard and fast rules though as software synths and samplers are far more sophisticated that hardware so I use them too.

I used to be a logic person but have gone over to Abelton for a few years now. i prefer it. I do miss sculpture though as its one of my favourite soft synths. physical modelling is one of the best things in the box. AAS is my favourite company for this.

so when I've committed my hardware to 'tape' in Abelton, thats when i go firmly in the box. i use NI complete 10, sound toys and isotope plugins for mixing.

I use Massive a lot for composing , its a bit like my pencil , i always use it to sketch the idea in then fill it out with hardware later, but often i leave it in there as some times your first marks are the best.
Old 9th March 2017
Lives for gear

do you use Tassman 4? I feel like it should have been much more popular, but its also not been developed much in a long time, the GUI needs improving
Old 10th March 2017
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul h View Post
I used to be a logic person but have gone over to Abelton for a few years now. i prefer it.
Any opinions on Bitwig?
Old 11th March 2017
Special Guest

I love TASSMAN 4 but i don't have it active on my current system, i got chromaphone thinking it would be a natural refinement and while it is quicker in lots of ways its quite different. i must get it up and running again. One of the best soft synths for sure. I think Physical modelling is fantastic and tasman and sculpture are my favourites for sure.

i think your right , tasman is a bit far out for a lot of people due to its GUi
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search