The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is Mutt a real gearslut?
Old 8th June 2004
Lives for gear

Is Mutt a real gearslut?

Hi Mike..

Was wondering if Mutt is a real gear slut like the most of us or relies on your sound judgement for gear? I saw in 'Mix' that he has quite a 'nice' little studio @ home.

Cheers
Wiggy
Old 8th June 2004
Captain

Gearslut doesn't even come close to the right term for what stuff he's got littered all over his rather large complex in Switzerland. We would buy everything that came out from well known to esoteric.The control room has walls of outboard and there's a lot to experiment with !!Fun .!!!
Old 8th June 2004
Lives for gear

I had a funny thing happen when I bought a Tube Tech Compressor. Another engineer and I scraped together the money to purchase two from Wind Over The Earth in Colorado and they had them dropped shipped from New York to my studio. When UPS dropped off the box it was BIG... I opened it up and inside were 4 LCA 2b stereo Tube Tech compressors. Now the devil on my left shoulder said "shut the box and don't say a word." The guy on my right shoulder reminded me that I have never been to prison and that I don't want to go, so I called up Mickey and asked him what was up. He told me they screwed up and sent me two that were supposed to goto Mutt Lange. I boxed them back up and sent them on to his studio in New York that he had at the time. For a minute I felt like I had won the lottery but then I had to give the money back. Oh well, I hoped he liked them.....

Michael Greene
Old 8th June 2004
Lives for gear

How much has he spent over the years?

How much money do you estimate he's spent on gear over the years?
Old 8th June 2004
Captain

we still have the tube techs ......but they didnt work out for us. As for money invested let's just say.. a lot. The private studios he has had built for himself have been as good as the best studio in the world... some have surpassed that even. Especially what we had built in up state New York. I'd never seen anything like it and I've seen quite a few studios.
Old 8th June 2004
Lives for gear

Big ups and Respect to Mutt for being such a slut!

Wiggy
Old 9th June 2004
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally posted by shipshape
... some have surpassed that even. Especially what we had built in up state New York.
Mike, is there any web page on this studio?
Old 9th June 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindell 2nd
Mike, is there any web page on this studio?
I was thinking the same thing.....mother of pearl.

If there's not I'll build oneheh
Old 9th June 2004
Lives for gear

how dare you to talk about this amount of gear without any pictures?

pictures Mike pictures!

heh heh heh

Jo

PS: I'd understand when Mutt doesn't want to show his place to the whole world - but
Old 9th June 2004
Moderator emeritus

I remember that there was an article in Mix a few years ago that had a picture of the studio in Switzerland. Maybe you can find it on the Mix site (the guy quoted in the article was John Klett, if that helps a search)
Old 9th June 2004
There is only one

ship, he can send any unused gear as a charity donation to me. i will take and and all unwanted gear. doesnt work out for you... i can make it work for me.
Old 9th June 2004
Lives for gear

Speaking of gearslutz, the guy from wunder audio/misty hill is definately the biggest gearslut in texas. He's got a 48 channel Neve with 24 channels of his custom wunder audio modules and TWO, yes TWO Fairchild 670's. One for tracking, one for buss compression. You can imagine what the rest of his studio is like. He's got more consoles too including eric clapton's Helios.
Old 9th June 2004
Holy moley!
Old 10th June 2004
Lives for gear

JBuntz...

I called MIke @ Misty hill the other day.. he is definately a slut of the highest order. I cant wait for the CD he is making to showcase the Wunder's VS Neve

Wiggy
Old 11th June 2004
Gear maniac

slutin'

You guys are wiggin'......

Wunderkap
Attached Thumbnails
Is Mutt a real gearslut?-bottles.jpg  
Old 11th June 2004
Lives for gear

So Mutt is a Mutt-Slut then
Old 11th June 2004
Lives for gear

Re: slutin'

Quote:
Originally posted by Wunderkap
You guys are wiggin'......

Wunderkap
Can I get some clean boxers please?...................
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search