The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
your personal top 5
Old 2nd June 2004
Lives for gear

your personal top 5

I saw a thread like this on PSW, where someone asked GM what his favourite pieces of work were. I would very much like to ask the same question to Mike and Charles Dye (and everyone else for that matter).

When trying to navigate through all this music it would be great to have a bit of an idea about which mixes (masters/productions/songs...) you yourselves are most happy with.
Old 2nd June 2004
Captain

Tough question but I tend to like some of the less commercial records I've worked on really.
I like some of the Joni Mitchell records we did because she is so brilliant an artist and I had been a big fan since I was a kid so to soak up some of that musical energy was truly awesome. There are some great songs on those records also.
Any of the stuff with Mutt Lange is ok..tho it certainly isnt supposed to be timeless..it was "of the moment" but was fun .....still can't listen to any of it tho!!!!.
I liked some of the odd Englih bands like Prefab Sprout and a record I did with Guster this year, but these records are more quirky than technically good.
Its more a matter of the experience that sticks in my mind rather than the mixes I think.
Barenaked Ladies was a blast cos they are so much fun also , cant vouch for the sound of the record tho!!!!
Basically I find it hard to satisfy myself so once a mix has been printed , I tend to only listen to it if its on the radio if it makes it there!!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search