The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Michael, Considering the extensive number of compressors/limiters you have in your arsenal, I was curious if there are any...

zboy2854
replies: 1 views: 8,911
Michael Brauer 24th September 2005

Michael: Thanks for taking the time to moderate this forum. I've always been curious about what the record company wants as a...

Exmun
replies: 7 views: 7,859

Good evening Michael, a real pleasure to have this opportunity. I never thought I would post but after really feeling how we...

Sanchez
replies: 6 views: 7,104
Sanchez 24th September 2005

Hi Michael, how do you get a nice fat bass to sit right in a mix without having boomy resanant notes, It is a constant...

keep it reel
replies: 4 views: 13,155
keep it reel 24th September 2005

In your experience, the majority of the time, who actually attends the mix sessions? Is the producer always present? what...

GlassPrisoner79
replies: 1 views: 7,213

Hi Michael, How difficult is it for you to get in the right mindset at the very start of a project? Do you start and never...

Local 47
replies: 1 views: 6,747

Hi Michael, what is your policy on tuning lead vocals when mixing? If you do tune them, is that something you do...

Football
replies: 1 views: 7,454

Hey Mike, Your Coldplay mixes are very inspiring...so radio, yet so vintage-y at the same time. Have you ever had mixes...

audiomichael
replies: 1 views: 7,123

Hi Michael, I'm loving all the info you're sharing here with us but whenever I go to tell somebody that you're guest moderating...

Prickstein
replies: 6 views: 7,626
donnie7 24th September 2005

I assume your method of compressing and EQing piano for that shimmering Elton John sound is for real pianos... do you ever...

JP11
replies: 1 views: 7,413

Hey Michael! Do you usually use all four outputs on your FS-1? Any tips for it's usage as it seems to get outahand and...

alnico
replies: 2 views: 6,093
alnico 23rd September 2005

i read that you use delays a lot more than reverbs but on the few records that i own that you mixed i never really noticed much...

joninc
replies: 3 views: 8,360
Michael Brauer 23rd September 2005

MHB

Michael, great to see you helping out everyone here and passing the torch of knowledge. I have know Michael for many years, I...

stereomixer
replies: 1 views: 6,536

Like everyone else, thanks for taking time to do this! I noticed on your discography that your mixes range from new/current...

Paul Vnuk Jr.
replies: 1 views: 6,702

Hi Michael, I noticed in your racks of gear you have a Behringer Edison unit. I was wondering if you could share how and...

zboy2854
replies: 4 views: 9,848
tnelson494 23rd September 2005

I would like to thank you for taking your time on this forum, It has been quite informative and entertaining at the same time....

David Lee
replies: 1 views: 6,654

Hi Michael. Thanks again for hanging with us, great to have you here! Okay I think this might be an add on to Jules...

not_so_new
replies: 1 views: 7,421

A place to put your recations to Michael B's tips No questions... Nothing that needs a responce Just comments...! ...

Jules
replies: 30 views: 12,022
dongle 23rd September 2005

Greetings Michael, Do you have a typical default send effects set up that you use? What have you been using on your send...

Shan
replies: 3 views: 8,108
Shan 22nd September 2005

Hey Michael, Firstly, Thanks for taking the time here on Gearslutz!! Much Appreciated!! kfhkh My question: Do you ever...

replies: 4 views: 7,337
Tom VDH 22nd September 2005

Do you ever think, I BET that vocal was a U67 into a LA2a! or That's an API pre on the snare or I am a monkey's...

Jules
replies: 1 views: 7,781
Michael Brauer 22nd September 2005

Hey Michael, Love your work and words of wisdom... very inspiring! I thought the Athlete album you mixed was awesome. Anyway...

matt f
replies: 7 views: 15,828
Jules 22nd September 2005

How much do you tune to your body's clues, responses, when mixing? Do you remain alert for toe-tapping, goosebumps etc.. Do...

Renie
replies: 2 views: 7,379
Benjy King 22nd September 2005

So say some new piece of gear makes its way into the studio--how much time/effort is involved with learning it: seeing where the...

ttauri
replies: 2 views: 6,811
ttauri 22nd September 2005

In a previous post you say of your assistant, "He had been up all night getting my session finished..." How much...

robdarling
replies: 1 views: 7,049

Dear Michael, It is an incredible honor having you here. Can you please comment on how you deal with the issue of points in...

supersonic
replies: 1 views: 6,631

Does multibuss compression work on everything? Will you ever go back to stereo mixing? Thanks kfhkh

Jules
replies: 3 views: 9,496
Jules 22nd September 2005

Hey Michael, in one of your posts you mention you use pheonix, autotune, echofarm and sans amp for your plugin's in the mix....

beatzz
replies: 2 views: 9,203
juicemaster1500 22nd September 2005

Many guys today mix in the box (in DAW software) For me it's not a matter of choice. That's what I have at the moment and I wish...

papiel
replies: 2 views: 8,444
papiel 22nd September 2005

Hi Michael, In one of your interviews / articles, you mention that you attach devices that record the g-force exerted on your...

Thermionic
replies: 2 views: 6,417
Thermionic 21st September 2005

Hi Michael, Thanks for doing this!! Do you often use sidechain compression, if so when do you use it? All the...

epicentre
replies: 1 views: 8,354
Michael Brauer 21st September 2005

Hi Michael! Thanx again for coming ( doing that "we're not worthy scene from Waynes World!") I take it that now...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 1 views: 8,346

First of all, thanks a lot for your time on this forum Michael, it's been a great time reading your posts! As a mixer, you're...

Tom VDH
replies: 1 views: 7,663

Michael, is there a general approach that you have when starting a mix? Do you start with the drums? Build up everything around...

Shawn1272
replies: 3 views: 8,922

Thank you for sharing all your experience, it's very interesting. kfhkh I'm curious about your settings on the compressors on...

gainreduction
replies: 1 views: 9,141

Hi Michael, What is your approach to Hi-Pass filtering when it comes to the sub-harmonic stuff? Do you filter out anything in...

toddro
replies: 1 views: 7,658

Hello Michael, 2 questions. What is your view about using a reference track to help dial in a mix? Have you used a reference...

hgen
replies: 1 views: 7,980

Hi Michael, thanks for taking time to contribute your knowledge and experience to this forum. I was wondering when you decide...

JohnDavisNYC
replies: 1 views: 5,974

When do you decide to use drum replacement, if ever? When the drums sounds just aren't good enough or... ...maybe as a...

Lee Knight
replies: 1 views: 8,259

Hi Michael, I'm always amazed by the speed some people mix with. Obviously a lot of experience comes into play, but how do you...

aevan
replies: 1 views: 7,723
Michael Brauer 20th September 2005

My studio buddy and I have been listening to the track you mixed on Marilion´s "afraid of the sunlight" ... the song...

Jose Mrochek
replies: 3 views: 6,100
Jose Mrochek 20th September 2005

Michael, How did you get your first "high profile" session? After that, did your "high profile" work come...

djui5
replies: 2 views: 6,864
djui5 20th September 2005

Hey Michael, I read the article on your multi-compression technique. Very interesting... My question is: If you send things...

syra
replies: 1 views: 8,068

Thanks so much for your time here! Huge wisdom you're imparting! To the point (question): With your multibuss setup, if you...

mixboy bob
replies: 1 views: 5,684

Hi Michael, A few of questions if u don't mind ... 1. Do your recalls sound exactly the same when you come back to them...

mac black
replies: 3 views: 6,633

Hi Michael, A few quickie questions from a fellow J series user in Paris, France... 1. Do you like to use the console...

monrock halo
replies: 1 views: 7,820

O.K., so if one of your assistants is getting ready to 'leave the nest,' what would be a typical scenario & strategy? -- ...

Gregg Sartiano
replies: 4 views: 6,927

What type of sessions were going on at MEDIA SOUND, NYC when you worked there?I always wonderd about the MEDIA SOUND/POWER...

audioez
replies: 2 views: 8,207
Shan 20th September 2005

Michael, I noticed you credit "mixed by Michael H. Brauer for MHB Productions Inc." What exactly is the difference...

Drumsound
replies: 1 views: 6,191

Hi Michael, First off, another thanks for the wealth of information you've been kind enough to take the time to share with...

De chromium cob
replies: 1 views: 6,813

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search