The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Live Recordings?
Old 22nd September 2005
Gear Maniac

Live Recordings?

I would like to thank you for taking your time on this forum, It has been quite informative and entertaining at the same time.

When you mix live shows, are you generally creating spaces digitally, or are you using the room mics that are recorded to get that space? I understand that every recording that you get is going to be different and you may or may not have the option to use the room recorded, but do you find yourself leaning to one method or another?

Do you find mixing live shows to be less or more challenging than studio records? Is it the same set of rules (i use that word very loosely) or do you go into it with a totally different headspace?
Old 23rd September 2005
Past Guest Moderator

I use alot of the audience mics and I use alot of the two halls from the Sony dre777. Most of the dre would be on the vocal. I go about live music a bit differently in the sense that I spend alot of time on the first song setting up the template for how the rest of the show will sound. Once I'm happy with the image, not much changes. I think the challenges are the same. Some shows are easier to mix than others. I love mixing live shows in surround.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search