The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Balances using your multi-buss technique
Old 16th September 2005
Lives for gear

Balances using your multi-buss technique

Hey Michael,

I read the article on your multi-compression technique. Very interesting...

My question is: If you send things in those busses (A,B...) which go to compressors, and get the sound exactly as you want it, isn't it difficult to make chances afterwards if you have to? For example, the guitar player walks in and says he wants that single note guitar riff in the chorus higher...since this is going to the same buss as your overall guitars, changing its volume will destroy the balance of the big chorus guitars you achieved...

Or if you are doing a no-vocals mix for the label...by muting them isn't the balance in the busses you sent them going to be ruined?

Thanks again for your time.
Old 20th September 2005
Past Guest Moderator

Nope, it doesn't cause a problem at all. I'm not smashing the subgroup buss to begin with. And if he wanted alot more gtr I could add that track to the stereo buss and then it wouldn't effect the level of the gtrs. Or if i was smashing the gtr sub, I could send it to my L/R 1176 that returns to the stereo buss. There are lots and lots of options to address any situation.

Vocals go to their own stereo buss. That's the point of multibuss compression. The gtrs have their own space, as does vocals, drums/bass. Whatever combination is good for you is... good for you.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search