The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverbs on X&Y
Old 7th September 2005
Lives for gear

Reverbs on X&Y

MB,
I am curious as to the type of reverbs you used on X&Y to achieve that highly unique sound?

What do you think of the 960L? Have you used it a lot?
Old 7th September 2005
Past Guest Moderator

I used mostly reverbs from my Sony Dre 777 on vocals. I haven't used anything else since I bought that thing when it first came out. In particular, the two plates available. Then depending on the song, I'd use the European Halls like Concertgebouw, St. vincente or american spaces likeSt.John the Devine. I also use a tape echo and the cheap version copicat set on binson mode. Charlie Watkins just sent me his new copicat that i look forward to using.

Sometimes the gtr sound comes from my Binson or my Miazzi but most of the time Johnnie is using a copicat and printing it.

I rarely remember how I mix anything I do. thank goodness for having a great system in place for getting recalls perfect. I'll listen to a song I've mixed when the record comes out and wonder how I did it and then worry that I'll probably never be able to get that sound again. I think though that what it comes down to is being inspired by the song I'm mixing. The better the song the more the ideas flow.

I don't know the 960L
Old 7th September 2005
Lives for gear

Awesome, thanks!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search