The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Frank Filipetti
Old 13th March 2013
Lives for gear

Frank Filipetti

Hey Michael, Great to have you here. Would you mind telling us a little bit about your history and relationship with Frank Filipetti?
Old 14th March 2013
Michael Beinhorn

Thanks for having me.

Anything I can say about Frank would read like a testimonial. Apart from being one of the most brilliant engineers I've ever known, he's one of my favorite people and a very dear friend.

We started working together on Hole's recording, Celebrity Skin. I recalled watching him dial in a vocal sound and the way he finessed everything- like an artist at an easel. From that time on, we've tried to work with one another as often as possible- which hasn't been very frequently of late.

One thing I appreciate about Frank is that he is thoroughly unafraid of taking chances. If someone has a crazy idea about how to do something or incorporate some untried, untested technology or approach into a recording, he will figure out how to do it. He loves helping facilitate creative flights of fancy and always adds his own touch. You can never underestimate a collaborator like him.
Old 17th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fexurbis View Post
One thing I appreciate about Frank is that he is thoroughly unafraid of taking chances. If someone has a crazy idea about how to do something or incorporate some untried, untested technology or approach into a recording, he will figure out how to do it. He loves helping facilitate creative flights of fancy and always adds his own touch. You can never underestimate a collaborator like him.
And his discography backs this up. I love his interviews, seems like a cool guy.

BTW, thanks for doing this!! Your work inspired me A LOT when I was getting started.
Old 17th March 2013
Michael Beinhorn

Yes- he's great. I'm glad you've found my work inspiring.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search