The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The TR-707, TR-808 & unreleased acid material
Old 30th May 2008
Gear Maniac

The TR-707, TR-808 & unreleased acid material

Marshall,

Just wondering whether you still use the old Roland drum machines (ie. TR-707, TR-808)? I haven't heard any of these on your recent material. I particularly loved your TR-707 drums on the early stuff. It was your sound! I actually got a hold of the Virgo 'Go Wild Rhythm Tracks'. It's interesting this is now what people call 'Minimal House' as if it was invented yesterday.

Incidently I read somewhere some of your early acid tracks given to Ron Hardy and others were never released. Is that correct and do you still have the tapes? You should release them if you do. Call it the lost Marshall acid tapes...

Your melodic work speaks for itself (The Anthem, Feel Me, Mushrooms etc) however I'm a huge fan of your early percussive acid stuff and would love to here more, new or old.

Much respect,

Cam
Old 30th May 2008
Lives for gear

Hi Cam, a lot of that unreleased stuff I gave to Ron Hardy on cassette...............I would estimate it's at least 15 tunes......I suppose I could round some of them up, but it would be horrible quality.......they were all demos that I recorded on my tascam 4 track.

About the drum machines............all my early equipment was stolen because I toured so much. 3 different places I lived, 3 robberies that cleaned me out while I was away. My 1st 707 was stolen and sold to Bam Bam and that's how we met. It got damaged ad Bam told the thief he wanted it fixed. The thief said he was sorry and took it back-then sold it to someone else.

My TB 303 Bam was the only piece that wasn't stolen and I sold it to Bam for $1000-I'd
only paid $150 for it and and I thought he was nuts for paying that much for it, but he made me sign my name with a permanent marker and I think it's worth much more now.
Old 30th May 2008
Gear Maniac

Lost Tracks & Drum Machines.

Wow! That's amazing you still have these tracks recorded. How can I hear them? You have release these or at least post them somewhere. I don't think you understand how many people out there would want to hear these. It's a part of the whole acid house music box history. Don't let this go...

Regarding the drum machines, the 707's are still very cheap, at the most about $300 US if you want to pick one up...

Cam
Old 30th May 2008
Gear Maniac

I'll give you my TR-727 (sans tempo knob, but otherwise in MOST excellent shape), for a copy of those tracks. Everyone needs a little latin flair in their acid house arrangements!

j/k. But no, really, I will.
Old 1st June 2008
Lives for gear

Yeah, hearing those old tracks would REALLY make a lot of people's day. Mine included =o] Hey Shag, how much you want for that 727?
Old 1st June 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard View Post
Yeah, hearing those old tracks would REALLY make a lot of people's day. Mine included =o] Hey Shag, how much you want for that 727?

Hey..i don't really want to sell it, so let's see if Marshall responds.....

If it did sell it, maybe ~$200 + shipping? original manual, box and psu, etc.

I have too much techno to make with it first though.... that box is like taking gloria estafan and putting her in a fem-bot buck rogers battle suit.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search