The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
When are you too old for this $hit?
Old 5th May 2008
Lives for gear

When are you too old for this $hit?

Hi Marshall,

In an earlier post you told us about your inluences; Curtis Mayfield, Yes and The Beatles are a few names I recall. You have been heavily involved with housemusic for over twenty years now. Are there moments where you feel you are getting a little too old for the club? heh

Have you felt the urge to move in other musical directions such as the influences you described?

Thanks,

Tom

EDIT: To clarify, I am not suggesting you are too old at all, it's just something I see happening around me with DJs and friends in the scene; taking myself as an example, I have been into dance music for 15 years or so, but the last 5 years due to studiowork I feel myself moving into other genres.

Last edited by Tom H; 5th May 2008 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Had to clarify something ;)
Old 6th May 2008
Lives for gear

That's a good question. I'm 48 now. I haven't felt I was too old for this yet personally. I have moved in other musical directions, you just haven't heard them I've produced a rock band that sounded like Led Zeppelin. I've done soul, I've produced a jazz band and I've done some classical.

Now the basic reason I got into the music business was the girls..........................and it still works. For me to quit, something radical would have to happen in that department.

Hugh Hefner and the Rolling Stones are still going.....................
Old 6th May 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthere View Post
I've produced a rock band that sounded like Led Zeppelin. I've done soul, I've produced a jazz band and I've done some classical.
That's great, we can only evolve if we also do other genres. thumbsup

Quote:
For me to quit, something radical would have to happen in that department.

Ah i see, don't go there Sounds like a great act btw "Hugh Hefner and the Rolling stones"

Glad to see you are still enjoying yourself in this job.
Old 6th May 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
And still pulling girls.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search