The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
London Scene
Old 3rd May 2008
Gear Head

London Scene

I see by your avatar, that you're now in Manchester?

Curious if you have any thoughts about.. London...its scene etc...

I've been here before for gigs/holidays, but recently with the aid of a younger and much chirpier girlfriend than myself, I decided to move here from Australia(most of the labels we've released on are in UK/Europe).

I was rudely shocked last weekend, when we played a gig with live vocals at a venue in Soho that sold bottles of £23,000.00 champagne, but the mixer was worth less than £23. I've seen this thing before, at a gig I played at af ew years ago in shoreditch with Robert Owens - he was doing vocals over his set, and instead of plugging his MIC into the FOH mixer for proper EQ they chucked it straight into the DJ mixer and the sound was what you'd expect from a DJ mixer PRE.... could - not - believe - this....

Have you any gripes / recommendations / anectodes from the London scene? (according to your bio you lived there yeah?)

ralphski
Old 3rd May 2008
Lives for gear

Sign of the times man, all vocalists have to go through that now. Back in the day they not only had separate sound for the PA's-they had separate lighting. I don't even know why clubs bother doing PA's now if they're going to have vocalists sounding like they're going through a shredder.............
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search