The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Baltimore House music
Old 2nd May 2008
Lives for gear

Baltimore House music

Or B-More, what do you think of that?
I am in love with that musical style right now, it sounds raw, like some old house records, and it really makes me wanna dance.
And that step and 4x4 music- I think it learned a lot from house music as well.
Old 2nd May 2008
Gear Addict

where to go

wondering where i could find some exemplary music of this style? thanks.
Old 2nd May 2008
Lives for gear

I know Basement Boys and DJ Pope are from Baltimore, Pope just did a slammin mix on "Someday" for me. Baltimore has always been on the House music from the very beginning, since Club Odell days.
Old 3rd May 2008
Lives for gear

I grew up in, was introduced to, and fell in love with house music in Baltimore City. I still think the main room of Club Paradox (where Pope, Oji, Teddy Douglas/Basement Boys, DJ Spen and Ultra Nate have their roots) has one of the best sound systems I've ever heard. If you ever get the chance, check out their Saturday house night.
Old 3rd May 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gabriel View Post
wondering where i could find some exemplary music of this style? thanks.
I believe the original poster is referring to what we call "Baltimore Club" music. Personally, I'm not a big fan of it. It usually takes a breakbeat-ish drum loop with a sub-bass kick drum that is repeated through the song. The beat doesn't really change up much, just drops the kick in and out of the track every once in a while and has a sample of somebody screaming something obscene (like Chicago booty house stuff) or a sampled R&B or hip hop hook that stabs repeatedly throughout.

Here are a couple of examples:

YouTube - Baltimore club music - You Cant Wu-Tang

...and here is a more humorous example:
YouTube - South Park + Chappelle Show Baltimore Club Mix
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search