The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EQ'ing FX (Altiverb & Echoboy) Modulation Plugins
Old 11th September 2016
Gear Head

EQ'ing FX (Altiverb & Echoboy)

Howdy Mark,

A couple questions concerning your use of reverb & delay--

1) Do you typically EQ your Altiverb and Echoboy sends? If so, how? Are you using a high/low pass filter on either? Do have any go-to settings?

2) Do you include any delay plugins after (or before) Altiverb in your FX send?

Thanks!
Caz
Old 11th September 2016
special guest

EQ'ing FX (Altiverb & Echoboy)

Caz , I wish I could give you a better answer than all of the above. On echo boy I just open it it up and make whatever I feel is right for the song. Sometimes I use the filters in the plug in and sometimes I use an SSL EQ or Futzbox . I put it before altiverb or after depending on what I am trying to achieve. I use the altiverb EQ , leave it flat ,and use other EQS. . Crap I am not being much help here am I. I stack multiple reverbs or delays as well or side chain the delay send or use tremolator after reverbs.
Old 11th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Needham View Post
Caz , I wish I could give you a better answer than all of the above. On echo boy I just open it it up and make whatever I feel is right for the song. Sometimes I use the filters in the plug in and sometimes I use an SSL EQ or Futzbox . I put it before altiverb or after depending on what I am trying to achieve. I use the altiverb EQ , leave it flat ,and use other EQS. . Crap I am not being much help here am I. I stack multiple reverbs or delays as well or side chain the delay send or use tremolator after reverbs.
No, I completely get it. I started putting a filter on before Altiverb using what apparently is ye olde Abbey Road method of rolling off 600hz and everything over 10k. But I have gone down as far as 3k for a dark 140 plate for drums. So, yes, it always just depends. 1,000,000 thank yous for responding. Really appreciate you and your work!

Caz
Old 12th September 2016
Yay, that was indeed very helpful - thanks Mark!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search