The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitoring Studio Monitors
Old 1st September 2016
Gear Addict

Monitoring

Thanks for taking time to do this!!!

My question is monitoring. I'm amazed and in awe of your skills, and just curious how monitoring plays into your decisions. Like.. Do you need/prefer to hear subwoofer frequencies? How do different studio monitoring/control rooms affect your decisions? Is there any tips
for mixing in not so great monitoring environments?

View most liked answer
Old 1st September 2016
special guest

Monitoring

I REALLY want to thank everyone for asking such great questions! This would be very dull if I was sitting here talking to myself. I use ATC 45s with an ATC sub right now and ALWAYS listen to everything on the same speakers.I also mix at very low levels now as I work 12 plus hours a day and take a lot short breaks to keep my ears fresh. I find that just picking one set of speakers and listening to everything on them helps keep me keep my perspective.I have had several different monitors over the years and change it up sometimes just to shake up my world. I used NS10's with a sub for about 15 years and ATC 25s for 4 or 5 years.
Mentioned Products
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search