The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moving so fast.
Old 30th August 2016
Lives for gear

Moving so fast.

Mark as someone who has had the awesome pleasure of mixing records that you have also mixed songs on, I always hear about how you mix really quick. Like three hours top to bottom is what I hear. How do you get this kind of speed. Is it great session setup from your assistants? do you have a template that you tend to use? I bet if I checked out those videos it would let me in on this knowledge but I thought I would ask the man himself.

Is there anything that you feel like helps you get to where your trying to go easier? Such as speakers or monitoring level? Have you always mixed this quickly?

Big fan of what you do!!

Rick
Old 31st August 2016
special guest

Moving so fast

I have always laid out my tracks in the same order for 40 years so I always know where parts are. I have an assistant who organizes the tracks for me and then right or wrong , I make decisions about sounds and levels pretty quickly. I don't spend much time second guessing myself and MOST of the time that is OK. Not always though.
Old 31st August 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks!! I appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search