The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jomox drum machine
Old 14th February 2016
Gear Guru

Jomox drum machine

Is that Jomox xbase 09 your fav drum machine ever, how good is the kick and snare on that thing, it's so brutal and meaty eh..?
Old 15th February 2016
Special Guest
The Jomox-kick is really nice! Great deep sound. You can give a harmonic to the kick and pitch it in the key you want, like jam 6 (19 sec). That's what I love so much about the jomox. Tomorrow I'll upload a new jam (18) with the jomox. Then you'll hear what I mean.
The snare is not that good I think. No character and presence. In jam 18 I route the jomox to a vintage sovtek big muff. That works great! Also for the snare by the way.
My fav snare is from the oberheim DX. So much depth. Fantastic!

I think the TR808 could be my fav drummachine, but first I have to buy one to know for sure :-)
Old 15th February 2016
Gear Guru

ahhh I was going to ask you about why you don't have a classic drum machine, so you you are going to buy an 808 that's cool, look forward to hearing what you can do with it, thanks for answering our questions btw..

Old 16th February 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wic View Post
In jam 18 I route the jomox to a vintage sovtek big muff. That works great! Also for the snare by the way.
Is it the old green one? Those had the best sound ever for big muffs, but man the jacks love to break on those things. My buddy went through 3 in a summer. Admittedly he took the euphemism "stompbox" pretty seriously.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search