The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jam Sessions
Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear

Jam Sessions

Wic!

Your jam sessions are ! Can you walk us through one?

Maybe # 1 or # 12 but anyone you wish will do...

< moderator note: arrangement? (chord progression?) sounddesign? >

Last edited by Reptil; 13th February 2016 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: =
Old 14th February 2016
Special Guest
Thanx again PTB!

Let's take Jam 1:

This is a quite simple setup. The only thing you don't see is in this videoshot is the akai MPC (lying on my left).
The MPC has two different sequences. One for the main bassline, en the other for the variation bassline (from 1.29 sec). The Jomox is midi synced to the MPC (only for kick and snare).

Then you have the modular DotCom system. It has 3 VCO's en 2 filters.
The midi from the MPC (for the bassline) is going to the build-in midi-cvgate converter at the back of the DotCom system. That controls two VCO's. The 3th VCO is only gate controlled (16e notes). The pitch of that vco I control manually with the frequency knob (2.37 sec you can see me tuning the high notes). The bassline vco's and the jomox drums are merged together to a LP filter on the system. The 3th vco is going to the other filter, and after that route to the roland space echo.

So I have two mono channels

1 - Jomox kick/snare and the bassline (merged). During the jam I'm controlling the filter and the env
2 - VCO 3. I'm controlling the pitch, the filter, env and the tape delay.

Then I can choose between the two sequences on my MPC.

Thats basically it.
Old 16th February 2016
Here for the gear

ludoWic jam 18

ludoWic jam‬ 18
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search