The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Inspiration from..??
Old 9th February 2016
Gear Guru

Inspiration from..??

Hey Ludo Wic big fan here, was blown away when first seeing your jams on youtube, mainly because it was that gritty face melting organic sound that I love so much, when I first saw it I was oh fk yeah finally someone is making noise i can relate to..

Tell me where do you draw your inspiration from when writing tracks, they seem to verge on melancholy and deeply thoughtful almost depressing at times..??

Also do you edit much, what DAW or recorder do you like to edit in, and do you try to keep tracks with as much full human feel as possible and keep as much as of the whole jam down as possible..?

cheers..

Old 10th February 2016
Special Guest
Thanx fiddlestickz!

Well, I listen a lot to Aphex Twin lately. This because of his great (analog) sound, beautiful arrangements, and all with a lot of guts. And his elusive profile also pleases me very much :-)
Other artists I'm influenced by: Alessandro Cortini, Brian Eno, Radiohead, Chromatics, Soulwax, Depeche mode, NIN, Cylob...

But what I also like (and less obvious) is classical music. I'm a really big fan of the piano pieces of Chopin for example. In particular the minor ones :-).
Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgPh3mSYf0M
So thoughtful. I hope you can hear a little bit of that influence in my music.

The DAW I use is Logic. But I use it like an old-fashioned recorder. Mostly I make my tracks with the akai MPC (only for seq), with al kinds of midi-cv/gate coverters to connect the necessary gear (synths, drummachines, etc) to the MPC. Then I record the track as a one-taker to logic. This is 75% of the track. Afterwards I mostly do some overdubs to finish the track. But also only one-takers. In logic i don't do any editting. Only leveling, panning and some EQ-ing/compressing. No plugin synths or FX.

I want to make electronic music as human and organic as possible. The way I record it, feels like an traditional (musician) way of recording music, but for me that works and gives me the result i want.
Old 10th February 2016
Gear Guru

Awesome thanks for taking time to answer questions cheers and keep the tunes coming I'm always listening..
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search