The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Life Balance
Old 6th November 2016
Gear Maniac

Life Balance

Hi Luca.

My question is not technical, neither musical. It is about something often overlooked, such as how a successful mixing engineer as you are, is and has been able to get a proper balance between personal and professional life. We all know this is a so time consuming profession, almost an addiction, and many of us struggle a lot to get that balance, and nobody better than you to share some tips about it.

Probably this is not the most interesting question in the forum, but I think knowing how to have a healthy life being a mixing engineer is as much important (if not more), than knowing which compressor to use for a kick drum.

P.D. Sorry for my English.

Thanks a lot for your time, I appreciate it.
Old 30th November 2016
Man... great great question,
I can talk about this for days..
I create my deadlines and I try to always get prepared mentally and physically for my sessions, having the right energy and positivity make my sessions fun and with best results, I try to stay away from the studio 2 days a week during the week end, I go to the gym 5 days a week, enjoy time with family and my dog, I do sessions just for work on my techniques and never trying to use a song that I'm mixing for lear new plug ins thats game time... not pratics time , I love listening music at lower volume outside the studio to keep my ear sensitive to details at lower volume.. etc .eetc.. etc.....
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search