The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stereo Image
Old 5th November 2016
Here for the gear

Stereo Image

Hey Luca!

I often find myself in the situation where it's hard for me to decide where to place specific elements in the mix for e.g. lead synths - Of course kick and bass stay dead mono in the center - But when I pan the lead sound left/right, the mix often loose punch and focus. On the other hand when I leave it centered, than the mix sounds to narrow in reference to other good Club tracks.
Should I go for stereo widening tools, use sample delays or reverb?

So how can I achieve a nice stereo Image without losing punch.

All the best
Kamillo
Old 6th November 2016
I start to open the side around 200/300hz on the lower parts of the synt buss, on the stereo bussI push more side on the overall mix around 700/800hz and I compress the mid range little bit. On another note for retain punch on the synts try to open L/R the synts and parallel a mono version just on the 1k down about 30% compare to the L/R channel
Old 7th November 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaPretolesi View Post
I start to open the side around 200/300hz on the lower parts of the synt buss, on the stereo bussI push more side on the overall mix around 700/800hz and I compress the mid range little bit. On another note for retain punch on the synts try to open L/R the synts and parallel a mono version just on the 1k down about 30% compare to the L/R channel
with opening up the l/r, are you refering to using unlinked L and R filters, and using arbitrarily different frequencies / settings for each side to produce width that way? thank you.
Old 29th November 2016
yes exacly
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search