The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
your monitor choices and levels?
Old 3rd November 2016
your monitor choices and levels?

Hi Luca,
great that you want to answer our questions.
I was wondering what your favorite monitor speaker is, for both mixing and mastering. What did you use before?

Second question: since it's often dance music, and played at high volume (in a club), how do you check? What volume level do you listen normally? Do you have a reference level?

Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016
1 - My ears are tuned and confortable with Focal SM9s, We have 2 pair, I also use KEF LS50s and Pelonis for mini near field,
On our Studio A we keep the SM9 far from the desk and traslate great for mixing and mastering purpose.

2 - I push more when I work on drums and kick/bass relationship and initial part of the mixing, just to get excited and gradually lower the level when I need to focus on trasients / reverbs and automations, as far mastering I always try to work at low level..
Old 4th November 2016
thanks!
I've seen those KEFs in HiFi mags. (good reviews)
Are they a secret weapon, or your reference how it sounds in a living room?
Old 4th November 2016
Lives for gear

Curious too!
I have some LS50's, but use them more as a secondary reference, rather than mixing on them.
They don't look like a serious speaker, but sound they incredible.
Old 4th November 2016
The KEF are great for me, specifically for reverb / vocal ratio, fades, transients placement and response translation on lat top computer, phones ad overall small devices
Old 4th November 2016
ah! thanks for the tip!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search