The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Equipment used on your album "Futuristik"
Old 3rd November 2016
Gear Nut

Equipment used on your album "Futuristik"

Hi Digital Boy!

A real fan from the early days here! Your album "Futuristik" really had a formative influence to me!

Just to name a few tracks they played regularly on a youth radio station back in 1991 @ Berlin: Avreibody Move, D-Dance, If U Keep It Up, The B-O-Y and This Is Mutha ****er!

What equipment did you have used back then? I clearly can hear some popular samples but also "own" synth lines and a 909 etc.

Is the string in the beginning of "This Is Mutha Fxxker! (Suicide Mix)" sampled or your own creation? Heard this one in several other tekkno tracks later...

Thanks!

Btw: Look what i've found:
Attached Thumbnails
Equipment used on your album "Futuristik"-wp_20161103_001.jpg  
Old 3rd November 2016
HAHAH! wow back in time LOL

TR909
TR707
TB303
SH 101
MC202
JUNO2
AKAI S950
AKAI AX60
Saber 8 Mixer
NS10
Valley Audio Dynamite (Drums)
Valley Audio 610 (Kick)
Lexicon PCM70
Ensoniq DP4+

the string sound was sampled from an old lil louis record
Old 6th November 2016
Lives for gear

Awesome! Hi Luca, I also remember you fondly from the early '90s back in Italy and was part of the same era Techno scene (and I still have those similar types of sunglasses as well )

An additional question related to the live piece in Futuristik (Children of the House live in Rotterdam): did you use the MPC-60 for live? Or a computer / something else?

I distinctly remember reading a copy of the Roland Clan magazine italian version of those years and there was an interview of you with an MPC-60 so I always thought that's what you used to trigger samples live, but I've always wanted to know for sure. I've wanted an MPC-60 since then

Also, which sequencer did you use for the album? Computer-based or dedicated hardware?

And - as I remember it was common to sample analog synths for leads back in the day, did you perhaps sample a particular analog synth for the mega-detune / pwm lead in "This is Mutha F**ker" ?

Oh, and of course I still have my copy of the "Futuristik" CD that I bought when it came out like "1993" does - It's well worn up these days, it was played a lot back in the day

Cheers!
Paolo
Attached Thumbnails
Equipment used on your album "Futuristik"-img_3528.jpg   Equipment used on your album "Futuristik"-img_3529.jpg   Equipment used on your album "Futuristik"-img_3530.jpg  
Old 29th November 2016
wow man! great memories..

All album done with a ROLAND MC500mk2, I did use the MPC60 just for live shows ...was a beast!

we recorded children of the house live at parkzicht on our first show, all done live with 909,AKAI S950, JUNO2, WALDORF MICROWAVE, MPC 60

Old 2nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaPretolesi View Post
wow man! great memories..

All album done with a ROLAND MC500mk2, I did use the MPC60 just for live shows ...was a beast!

we recorded children of the house live at parkzicht on our first show, all done live with 909,AKAI S950, JUNO2, WALDORF MICROWAVE, MPC 60

Grande, Luca, great memories indeed!!! That settles it, I'm getting an MPC60 after twenty five years, then

And the MicroWave.. great piece of equipment, I remember the ad from probably that same magazine, "Necessities of life: water, food, shelter... analog" - and then a picture of the MicroWave

Being that Roland was so huge in Italy during those times (the factory in Italy, the showrooms all over etc.) I used a Roland W-30 for sequencing... basically an MC-500mkII and an S-330 stuck in a keyboard lol... so I love the feel of those sequencers!

Thanks again for answering these "jurassic" questions, Luca, have a great day!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search