The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Legowelt

Options 2nd Hand Synths
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Thank you Danny! That was really great. We hope you stick around, or come back. kfhkh kfhkh kfhkh

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 454
Reptil 13th October 2017

We're very happy to present you with a Q&A with Danny Wolfers, also known as Legowelt. :) In this post I'll try to make a...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 1,795
Reptil 28th September 2017

You can post questions from today! Danny will be answering your questions from saturday, for the next two weeks after. :) Please...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 592
Reptil 27th September 2017

Hello Danny! I am a big fan, you have always been a direction and an inspiration to follow not only for the music producing...

z0rd
replies: 3 views: 1,209
mangobob 28th November 2017

Thanks for answering some questions! What was your first synthesizer, and what is your favorite synth today?

24dB
replies: 7 views: 2,298
bitleyTM 15th October 2017

Hi Danny, First off, I would like to say thanks for doing this. I'm a fan of your music and its always a real treat getting...

Oask
replies: 3 views: 1,271
Oask 14th October 2017

Do you have a particular place you like to start when building a new synth patch? (IE the romplery out there ambient type...

vivisected
replies: 1 views: 733
Legowelt 14th October 2017

I really like that you have plants throughout your studio. I wanted to know what kind of plants you have. Cheers Wolfers!

nugget_lizard
replies: 2 views: 910

Hi, I read that you like the D-10/110 and was wondering about any tips you might have as far as programming and also how/why...

grahamexclaime
replies: 4 views: 1,038

Hi Danny, Firstly, thank you for doing this q&a, it's rad. Could you give some tips and techniques for making larger...

Eklo
replies: 1 views: 791

1. Do you have a magic box that keeps your machines locked in sync? 2. Favourite Commodore 64 multiplayer game? Favourite...

hoffy
replies: 1 views: 866

Hi Danny, Will the Smackos plugins be available as VST as well? Fiddling around in Cubase here and like to give them a...

Mr Greenfield
replies: 2 views: 737
Mr Greenfield 14th October 2017
replies: 1 views: 730

Hi Danny, would you ever consider working with a programmer and making a Legowelt soft synth - either a stand alone app, a...

Retrotechnical
replies: 1 views: 638

One of the most impressive electronic music catalog IMO. Any thoughts on seeing more of that in the future, or is it definitely a...

traktop
replies: 1 views: 432

Producing a complex track might be exhausting. Organizing releases, events, and promo can be exhausting. 90% in the basement...

NeoVXR
replies: 1 views: 618

Hi Danny, I enjoyed Reading a story in your Zine Order of The Shadow Wolf about a friend hunting for gear in a Hong Kong...

colonelporridge
replies: 2 views: 672
Mr Greenfield 14th October 2017

Really nice to have you on the forum, Danny. I've followed a few of your interviews and had a question- do you generally mix...

Malkit
replies: 3 views: 1,596
traktop 14th October 2017

Hi Danny! What kind of k4 secrets do you have? What do you use it for the most? Any specific neat tips or tricks? I've got a K4r...

vivisected
replies: 4 views: 717
bitleyTM 14th October 2017

DEAR LEGOWELT, It has been some amount of years that I have been wondering ....what are the lyrics to "Sturmvogel"...

yaaf
replies: 2 views: 481
BankiePhones 13th October 2017

I remember watching your short series you had on your site about space weed etc. Was great, super wonky. I was really high at the...

Plyphon
replies: 3 views: 962
Plyphon 13th October 2017

Hi Danny, Had one more question for you- my friend is singing at the Mondriaan Festival this weekend, in The Hague, and she...

Malkit
replies: 1 views: 728
Legowelt 13th October 2017

Dear Danny, Before the Q&A session ends I've got some final questions. I often struggle with finishing something and I...

Check Mate
replies: 0 views: 483
Check Mate 13th October 2017

Thank you for taking the time! There is so many great things that can be done with a computer today. But I have so much...

beroski
replies: 0 views: 412
beroski 13th October 2017

-- Do you like them? -- Do you use any nowadays? Reason why i ask: I have this weird fetish for them, hence why i bought...

Don Solaris
replies: 6 views: 1,515
hubba bubba 13th October 2017

A bit offtopic - but curios to know - ones: -- What's your favorite European city and why? -- Europe today or 20 years ago?...

Don Solaris
replies: 3 views: 955
djugel 12th October 2017

Hi Danny, I'm a huge fan and you have been my main inspiration in making my own music, so thank you for taking the time to...

Cosmic_Spaces
replies: 1 views: 853
Legowelt 12th October 2017

Would you risk your life to play in space? would you do a gig orbiting earth? I might be able to sort this out if your into...

rapdance9000
replies: 2 views: 741
rapdance9000 12th October 2017

hey, what's the vocal sample from on excalibur? that thing is stuck in my head since the album came out. also, do you sequence...

Sebastian N
replies: 1 views: 530
Legowelt 12th October 2017

Imagine you starts all over again. The music industry is not the same as it was in the early 2000's and before. You don't have...

datafeist
replies: 2 views: 1,237
datafeist 11th October 2017

I was wondering if you could let us know about another type of gear that you use--hi-fi/home stereo gear. Do you have any...

sun.1
replies: 1 views: 710
Legowelt 11th October 2017

Hi Danny, A question about marketing your music. There are many promoservices out there. Those companies send your music to...

datafeist
replies: 1 views: 668
Legowelt 11th October 2017

Another question for you Mr. Wolfers; What type of reverbs (like hall, room, plate, spring, etc... not manufacturer) do you...

vivisected
replies: 0 views: 633
vivisected 10th October 2017

Hi Danny, Just wondered if you had some information about the synths and drum machines used on the El Saber Del Arpavor LP? I...

adam.b.85
replies: 2 views: 554
adam.b.85 10th October 2017

A couple more for you... I know you've mentioned a fondness for the Electribe samplers in the past. I'm curious if you have a...

silent5
replies: 2 views: 957
silent5 9th October 2017

Hi Danny, My question is about the distribution of vinyl. As i am thinking to invest in pressing a limited amount of vinyl...

datafeist
replies: 1 views: 1,182
Legowelt 9th October 2017

Ever since I made the switch from just working to the computer to hardware, I noticed that my output of actual music has dropped...

dbot
replies: 1 views: 1,012
Legowelt 9th October 2017

i would love to know your thoughts on synthesisers

Dennis White
replies: 3 views: 1,180
BankiePhones 9th October 2017

Hi Danny, I listened to the Polarius records a lot when going to school and they instantly trigger good youthful memories when...

dbot
replies: 2 views: 684
dbot 8th October 2017

Hi Danny, thanks a lot for sharing all this info here! In terms of DJ-ing, what is your setup? Do you use decks (vinyl/cds) or...

KOMPOSIT
replies: 1 views: 878
Legowelt 8th October 2017

Dear Danny, Different thread, different question: What do you think about the afromentioned DSI Synths especially the...

Check Mate
replies: 2 views: 1,104
Check Mate 8th October 2017
replies: 5 views: 1,837
Don Solaris 7th October 2017

Hi Smackos, its very intresting to read all that stuff here. the most things have been answered. my question is when you...

lenad
replies: 2 views: 842
lenad 7th October 2017

1. How did you record in the past in early 2000ths before Ableton. How do you sync stuff and what else (except Octamed) you've...

redloheb
replies: 4 views: 985
Legowelt 7th October 2017

I finally have a space to set up a home studio and am struggling with the issue of studio monitor placement. In seeing...

sun.1
replies: 1 views: 897

Hi Legowelt, 1. What inspires you to create your ambient tracks? What's the typical process of creating a track? 2. Do you...

Soothing Sound
replies: 3 views: 1,616

Hi Danny, thanks a lot for sharing your insights and knowledge. I wanted to ask if the way artist make and produce music has...

login
replies: 1 views: 1,062

Hi Danny, I was always curious about what gear (synths etc) you used for Disco Rout. Still sounds incredible as it did when I...

kikumotoallstars
replies: 2 views: 784
kikumotoallstars 6th October 2017

Danny, Thank you for your willingness to share your knowledge. I have learned so much from watching/reading interviews with...

CSM
replies: 1 views: 1,140
Legowelt 6th October 2017

Hello man, first of all thank you, im glad i can ask you something. We see that you like to warm the sound recording it to...

Regina Kroika
replies: 2 views: 962
Regina Kroika 6th October 2017

Hi Danny, thanks for taking the time to do this, it's been very interesting so far. Recording synths through DIs and preamps...

subframe
replies: 1 views: 829
Legowelt 5th October 2017

Hi Danny Do you have a standard mastering process you use for every track, and if so, is it 100% hardware (or you incorporate...

gypsymoth
replies: 4 views: 2,196
homesweethome 5th October 2017

Hey Danny, Do you think Facebook ads is a good way to promote your own music to get it further than your bedroom? Thx

datafeist
replies: 1 views: 913
Legowelt 5th October 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search